I have died and gone to Heaven!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My brother and I have already planned on buying in on this. It looks like a great design.

Evil_Capri

A couple aerial shots from over the weekend. Fantastic photos. the one aspect that is somewhat lacking from the photos is the level of elevation changes, but the previous photos address some of the elevation features.

Bluegrass_Aerial4.jpg

Bluegrass_Aerial3.jpg

sonic cobra

Established Member
Just opened NJ Motorsports park by me. I think we are looking at $15000 initiation and $2500/year membership and $100 /day track fee. the bonus is you get reciprocity on VIR since same guys own both. Out of the question for me and my buds.
A much better deal you got going there.

Evil_Capri

On track video . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64fLqrj9Ns"]YouTube - Bluegrass Motorsports Park Phase I Road Race Course.wmv[/ame]

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I wish it was closer, but it looks like it could be worth the haul.
My only question, in the downhill right hander at the end of the esses, has there been any discussion of that berm on the outside of the turn? That looks like a place for lots of cars to slide off during a race, and a smooth runoff area or gravel trap may be in order there. But its hard to see how close and high those berms are in the video. Did it look like a concern to you on track?

Evil_Capri

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I wish it was closer, but it looks like it could be worth the haul.
My only question, in the downhill right hander at the end of the esses, has there been any discussion of that berm on the outside of the turn? That looks like a place for lots of cars to slide off during a race, and a smooth runoff area or gravel trap may be in order there. But its hard to see how close and high those berms are in the video. Did it look like a concern to you on track?

That wasn't me. Sorry if any confusion. The video was posted on a local board and I thought I would share. I haven't been to the track since it was paved. I did drive the course prior to paving at the Open House.

As far as your question, I wouldn't want to speculate until I see the track paved and "finished" in that particular area.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
No prob. It does look like a fun track! :banana:

I was just going through the pics, and here's the area in question.

Bluegrass_Open_House_10_18_08_021.jpg

I assume they know what they are doing.

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Keeping this one going. This was an arial shot taken just last week. I am setting up a tour of the facility in the next few weeks with CEO Brad Poppell.

Is a visit enough to put me over the edge?

265643.jpg

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Wow, I'm glad that's an interstate between the track and those houses. It'll mask the noise so they can't go all NIMBY on the track.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
OK. Here's the scoop. How can I NOT do this. Went to the track this weekend. In the snow no less. We were still able to drive the track 5 or 6 times. Damn I love my F150 FX4!

This track looks to be very exciting. One very long straight away up front 3200 ft. I counted at least 3 blind turns that I compare to the ones at Road America. Tons of elevation changes and off camber turns. One sweeper with 8 degrees of banking and some very technical tight and decreasing radius high speed turns.

Memberships are half sold out. ~125 of 250 to be sold.

Let me know what questions you may have and I will try and answer. I was with them on track for about 2 hours Saturday.

The kicker for us as a family is that they offer riding stables, barns and trails for the members to use. My wife has horses so that right there nearly sinched the deal!

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
This series of turns looks to be VERY exciting. My F150 went for a buncho slidingt fun going down this one. Nice high speed turns with TONS of elevation changes.

Bluegrass_Open_House_10_18_08_021.jpg

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Sweet!!! I look forward to our event next July 31-Aug 2.

I am considering trying to come up in the Spring to do a "reconnaissance" event. Keep us posted if there are any open events in the Spring that you might attend.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Sweet!!! I look forward to our event next July 31-Aug 2.

I am considering trying to come up in the Spring to do a "reconnaissance" event. Keep us posted if there are any open events in the Spring that you might attend.

Which club event is coming up on those dates? I still need to see what the interation of members with these open events would be like.

I forgot to mention in my previous post. Full 3.8 course will not be done next year. They are starting out with the ~2.5 miler and then will add the additional 1.3 in the next year or so. They are "dealing" with some obstacles of the natural type right now. Specifically a "gulley" they need to figure out.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Asphalt Ventures: https://www.asphaltventures.com/ We normally run lapping events at VIR and CMP.

We have that date reserved for Config 4, which is what you referred to as the 2.5 miler. We will have a three day event, with Friday most likely being open lapping for instructors and advanced/solo students to get in a bit of learning. Saturday and Sunday will most likely be some type of hybrid HPDE event. Plans are still in the works for exactly how we will coordinate the event.

Kevin

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Kevin, would a NASA HPDE3 student be able to get in on the Friday advanced/solo group? Would it be passing anywhere with a P/B?

Users who are viewing this thread