I have died and gone to Heaven!

FIRESUIT FRANK

Established Member
That looks really cool, I wish Moroso would try to get their shit together to finish what they advertised down here in Fl, but I am not gonna hold my breath....

PETSNKE

Established Member
Nice, the affordable associate membership means you don't even have to take a second mortgage out on the house:D

It's also the first "new" track I've seen built that wasn't designed by Alan Wilson, alas now for something completely different

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
Shoot, when you figure HPDE's usually run somewhere between 300-400 for 6-8 sessions, 1200 for 30+ sessions is a fricken great deal.......and it isn't that far from columbus

Lumpydogs

Established Member
That's awesome and still within driving distance :banana:

I'll add Bluegrass Motorsports Club to the track listing on my website.

Thanks for the heads up.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Annual dues are $1200 with an intial buy-in of $11,500 is not bad at all. Much better than High Rock is advertising here in NC.

FIRESUIT FRANK

Established Member
1,200 a year isnt bad, but if you gotta pay $12k up front, then the deal goes south. Your better off continuing to go to schools that rent the track. Not to mention that you would probably spend the entire year at one track to get your moneys worth...

I dunno just seems a bit much for a regular Mustang track junky....

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Look at it over the span of 5 years:

11,500 -- buy-in
6,000 -- 1,200 per year times 5

17,500 for 150 track days (30x5), guest passes, discounts, etc

150 track days over the course of 5 years will cost you anywhere from 22,500 (150 per day) to 30,000 (200 per day) doing regular schools, NASA events, etc.

To Frank's point, let us say that you typically only get to 4 schools per year for 8 track days for a total of 40 track days in 5 years. 6,000 on the low side to 8,000.

At the end of both equations you still have a membership asset that you can sell for an increased price to another person. The longer you own the membership, the more sense it makes. With the guest membership days, you can always work out deals with others that have memberships elsewhere in the country to an "I invite you to mine if you invite me to yours" type of deal. That way you get to experience other tracks for free.

But, like Frank said, it all depends on how much time you plan on spending at the track or at a school. It may not make sense for the typical track guy doing a couple of schools per year. Compared to High Rock, those prices are a better deal though.

Evil_Capri

Here are some updated photos . . . work is coming along well!!

495423_208_full.jpg

495423_209_full.jpg

495423_210_full.jpg

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
That's a serious jump in that middle pic. :lol:
Boy, I'd like to live right between this track and Mid-Ohio.

Nobody loves Maryland. We have no tracks. :cryying:

Evil_Capri

Here are some updated photos! If the weather stays nice asphalt paving will start Oct. 20th.

And there is an OPEN HOUSE at the track October 18th and 19th from 12-4pm.

trackpitsmall.jpg

pits.jpg

drillingsmall.jpg

drainagesmall.jpg

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
They are suppose to be on track for a Spring open. The full 3.5 mile track may be delayed, but the 2.5 mile will be open in the spring. Tarmac was scheduled to start yesterday.

Hopefully it isn't like New Jersey when it opens. Anytime someone even thought about dropping a wheel it created a dust storm that would have made you think you were in Egypt. And after only doing that a couple times the track had so much dust on it that you didn't even have to go off track to create a vision ending cloud, it definitely was not safe.

Users who are viewing this thread