I have the worst luck, I have developed another problem.

creina

Established Member
This morning as I was leaving my driveway, I heard a noise. I thought it was just static in on the radio frequency so I turned it down to see. It's the heater fan. I think something either fell down into the fan and is being hit constantly or somehow the fan is catching on something else. I don't know how to access the fan to see. It sounds somewhat like it's hitting plastic. It doesn't sound like metal. It works fine, but the harder you want the fan to blow, the louder the noise is. When it is low or the next setting, you can barely hear it but on the last two settings, it's more than noticeable. Is there anyway I can check this without having to make a huge project out of this?

FYI= The heater and fan work fine besides the noise. The temperature changes correctly as does the area the heat comes from. The fan also blows harder when you ask it too, it just makes noise. I don't think it's a common problem because I couldn't find anything relating to the issue on contour.org FAQ's. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Most 'squirrel cages' (the 'fan') are plastic now a days. More than likely somehting some how get in there and is rubbing the fan. Most of the mare PITA to get to, but I'm not sure on the CSVT. Pick up a chiltons.

creina

Established Member
I don't know what it was. It went away on it's own. It made the noise until last night and then stopped. Everything still works so I'm not worried anymore. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread