I have the worst luck sometimes...

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
So I go to start my car up in storage, we turn the batt charger on and let her build up some cranking power, so I go to hop into the car and i proceed to give it a go.... So it starts cranking, and cranking and cranking... nothin...? Then i smell it, MF in electrical fire....:uh oh: Smoke starts coming in to the the car via shifter boot in trans tunnel, Im freakin out in the meantime ripping all the shit off to get to the source, in the meantime the buddy pulls the cables of the car and goes to get some water, by now im doing this:cryying: !!! Lucky enough for me it was something small and it went out. So we cannot picture what is in the trans tunnel that could possibly create such a smoke show? We decide to leace it for today, lack of tools, a droplight and a set of jackstands prompted this. So my buddy calls me today at work and says, "i think I found your problem.... theres a bunch of dead mice up under your car!" :fm: Ive been storing my cars for years over the winter and I always put moth balls and shit underneath them, and now all of a sudden I get a family of rodents up under there, chewing and nawing away on my wiring because they think it makes a good home. Sorry, nobody else understands but you guys, just had to vent! Hopefully they didnt chew up everything beyond the point of repair.

At least one good thing happened,... I smoked them all out of the car!:thumbsup:

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
that same sheit happened to me with my old car about four years ago, those little bastards make a hell of a mess and reproduce like crazy. now I set all kinds of traps, use mothballs etc.. and ever since I haven't even got one. I feel for you

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn man sorry to hear about that, hopefully they didnt do much damage. I remember a thread on here awhile ago about a guy that went to clean his IMRC's and found a mouse nest in the intake valley, those damn thing love crawling up into cars.

96RagTop

Too slow, car wont go.
Established Member
When i was doing my last engine swap i found a nice skeleton of a mouse on the lower intake manifold. Smelled like hell lol.

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
UPDATE!!!

Well good news and bad news.... GOOD news is that the little rodents did not crawl up inside and make a nest as suspected, BAD news is that the bundle of wiring that comes out of the speedcal decided to fuse together for some reason, thus somehow completing a circuit that was not supposed to be! So it then threw the car into theft mode. All that was needed was to unplug the speedcal and it fired right up. It was a little tricky trying to get it home, since the vehicle wasnt registering any speed it would bog itself out and try to shut down when you came to a stoplight.
Has anyone else ever had an issue with thier Speedcal?.... Im going to call Dallas Mustangs tomorrow and see what they say. The short happened nowhere near where you would splice it..... The stuipidist chit always happens to me!

Im just glad it wasnt mice, cuz god knows what they would have destroyed!

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I just took my car out of storage yesterday. i won't really be driving it yet, but I want it here so I can work onit.

No issues with my car yet.

Users who are viewing this thread