I hit a 72 Chevelle Malibu head on with my 01 F250SD!

gaazuremach1

Established Member
Hi guys , I know that I haven't been on in a while but I have been working out of town alot lately. Anyway here is what happened.

I was going straight through a intersection and the light was green. The Chevelle turned left directly in front of me.

There were 4 people inside, the driver a male 29, the front passenger a female 26, and 2 children in the rear male 7 and female 4.

The children and the driver were taken to Walton Regional Medical Center. They were treated and released with minor injuries. I had the same doctor at the same hospital.

The female passenger, the kids mother, had to be extracated from the car. She was then taken to Gwinnett Medical Center. They then LifeFlighted her to Grady Trauma Center due to a torn Aorta. They then transferred her to Emory where they conducted open heart surgery to repair the heart. She is currently in stable condition on a respirator at Emory. Her injuries include torn Aorta, Broken ribs, broken pelvis, and a broken arm.

Her name is Sara, so could everybody please keep her in your prayers?

post-2-12225-Picture0101.jpeg

post-2-12162-Picture0091.jpeg
post-2-11928-Picture0051.jpeg

post-2-12005-Picture0071.jpeg

post-2-12092-Picture0081.jpeg

post-2-11852-Picture0121.jpeg

Thanks for the prayers everyone.
What happened was I came to a red light at the intersection of Hwy81 and Hwy20. I was facing northeast and I was the 4th vehicle in line. The light turned green and the first 2 cars in at the light, in my lane, immediately turned left. The first 2 cars on the opposite side of the intersection turned left as well. The car directly in front of me pulled forward into the intersection and then momentarilly stopped to allow the next 2 cars on the other side of the intersection to proceed straight through the intersection. The car directly in front of me then turned left. The intersection was then clear for me to proceed straight ahead. I began to move when the Chevelle cut the corner to turn in front of me but then it was too late. I was only moving at approximately 15-20mph. The chevelle struck the front of my truck somewhere between 30-45 mph. I never even had a chance to hit the brakes. The noise and the impact were tremendous. It was raining and foggy outside and the traffic was pretty thick. It was 7:50am last Wednesday morning.

At first I didn't think that the damage was too bad. My airbags had not deployed and my hood wasn't even damaged. I got out of the truck to check on the people in the other car. The first thing I saw were the 2 children screaming in the back seat. They were covered in broken glass. The driver at that moment got out of the car and started screaming at me and cussing me out. He said "that I was speeding through the intersection and that I came flying around the car that was waiting to turn!" I told him that I was just stopped behind that car waiting for it to turn and that there was no way I was speeding. The truck is pretty quick for it's size, but not that quick. I then told him that he could yell at me later, that right now I wanted to check on his wife.

The vehicles were stuck together so I got in my truck and backed it off of the car. I drug the car for about a foot and then it came free. That is when I saw how bad of shape Sara was in. I immediately dialed 911 and informed them of the accident and that we had serious injuries and to send an ambulance immediately.

By this time some people had stopped and gotten the children out of the car and had them on the side of the road under a umbrella. At that moment Loganville police officers arrived as well as the fire department. I was overdosing on adrenaline by now and I was shaking wildly. The police told me to have a seat in my truck. I did soand had a front row seat to watch them take out the "jaws of life" and cut off the roof of the car to get her out.

I then heard a paramedic radio dispatch and request a life flight helicopter. That is when I got really scared! I was so affraid that she was going to die. Dispatch the radiod back and said that the helicopter was not able to fly due to the weather. They loaded her in a ambulance and took her to Gwinnett Medical Center. At that moment the paramedics came to check me out. I told the that I was fine. They said that I needed to go to the hospital to be checked out just in case. So my wife drove me to the hospital. (Walton Regional Medical Center)

The driver and the kids were brought to the same hospital. We were all treated for minor injuries and released.

I then went home to rest.

The investigating officer told me that they were going to impound both vehicles for investigation and pending the outcome of Sara's condition.

Then on this Tuesday they told me that the were going to charge the other driver with 2 counts.

1: Failure to yield right of way while making a turn.

2: Serious Bodily injury caused by motor vehicle.

They told me that they were going to issue a warrant for his arrest.

They also say that if Sara doesn't make it the he will be charged with 2nd Degree Vehicular Homicide.

So again I thank you for your prayers.
Todd

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
That's too bad, I hope the lady makes it. It sounds to me like the guy in the Chevelle was in a rush and suffered the consequences of that hurrying.

That tire on his car looks pretty bald to me.

Steeltwo

Established Member
why would they charge him with 2nd degree?

it's not like he TRIED to, it was an accident

accidents happen everyday.

hope she gets better.

406 'velle

Established Member
thats an incredible amount of damage on the chevelle. i realize that they cut it up getting her out, but wow.....

i pray everyone comes out healthy

inteller

Established Member
holy christ.....I know what I'd rather be driving if I have to be in a wreck. That 250 is a veritable tank!

gaazuremach1

Established Member
Steeltwo said:
why would they charge him with 2nd degree?

it's not like he TRIED to, it was an accident

accidents happen everyday.

hope she gets better.

The officer said that a couple of the eye witnesses stated the "he was trying to cut the corner in front of that big truck"

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
DAMN. I can't believe that. BUT FIRSTLY, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. DON'T LOSE SLEEP OVER THIS. That jackass couldn't ****in wait 3 seconds, for a HUGE truck? Some asshole did the same thing to me, except I was going 50mph and not near an intersection, needless to say if somebody was riding with the guy in the pickup truck who turned in front of me, they would have been dead. Impatient people who can't ****in wait, and then they try and blame you? I am proud that you had enough self control not to yell back at the dumbass and actually checked up on the lady. I can't believe people like that. The guy who caused my 50mph head on accident didn't even come up to talk to me, he was busy looking at his truck and yelling about how it was ****ed up, meanwhile I was being strapped to the stretcher.

That guy is even more of a dumbass for not driving responsibly while having not only his wife but his 2 kids in the car.

Another thing I was talking about with my friend was how tough "old school" cars are. I then stated to him that new cars are usually just as strong with exception to corvettes and hondas. I've had 3 accidents in my 5.0s. First time the car was totalled but I managed to drive it 10 miles with no fan or radiator. Second time some dumbass hit me and crushed my fender but I still made it home 40+ miles with the jagged fender inches from my tire. Then the 50mph head-on crash where my car's front bumper was pushed into the front tires. I was knocked out for approx 30-45 seconds and when I woke up the engine was still on and running.

Your F250 merely looks like it bumped into a wall hard.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I can't believe a 45-65mph crash did that to your truck. That truck is a damn tank.

I hope Sara turns out ok.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Wow.
Intense. so did the guy just run off, or what?
Anyways, yeah these are old cars, they don't really hold up well - no crumple zones or anything, after all.
You know I was thinking about keeping my old sedan for a long time and running it into the ground and investing the money into stocks in lieu of a new car, but you see something like this and it is a bit of a wake up...

Users who are viewing this thread