I hit the 1/4 mile and not happy :{

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
i was on my almost gone nitto 555r's and my best was a 2.4 60ft 14.0 at 103mph

i couldent hook in 2nd at all... i was side ways a bit till the middle of 3rd (not powershifting)

but my question is shouldent my mph be higher?

btw i was at 5lbs and the shittos at 18-20lbs on 110 gas

after 3 passes and not getting to the 13's i just left crying:cryying:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
me and you, track next week. [pending I get the drag springs on]

My drag radials have more rubber on them than I thought they did...so it looks like I can visit the track regularly now until I burn them bald... :p

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
man you will need bfgs at the least set to about 12-14 psi if not get some hoosier qtp i got some 27x10.5-15 those hook like a mofo 1.62 60' i cut with them on a cool 45* night. the best i cut with my 295/35/18 bfg drags was a 1.79 on a warmer night

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Even with a bad 60' time his mph should be much higher. Completely stock cars can trap those speeds...

94venomV8

Established Member
Well considering my car with nittos 305's that are new, and the same KB, I cut a 2.4 60' (my tires were at almost 30 psi just what I normally run) and the Kb had the 8lbs pulley on. I managed a 12.0@118 with a 2.4 60' so I would say yeay your mph should be higher. You either need a serious driver mod or a new tune.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm just curious..how do you all launch with your nitto DRs?

Mine are fairly new, I had them at about 19.7psi and I wasn't sure on how I should have launched it.

I figure I'll do a longer burnout, and then bring it up to about 2-3k RPMs and then bring the clutch up, but not all the way, and let it grab and then slowly roll out of the clutch and into the gas more once it hooks?

Or are do you all manage to hook with dropping the clutch? [I tried that..didn't work] I have stock 3.27s btw.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Wow i'm really surpised at the times you guys are posting! Are your guys tracks at really high altitude or what? My track is at about 980ft and i ran a 13.3@102 with a shitty 1.98 60'. All i have is a k/n filter and o/r x. Are the tracks just preppared horribly or what?

projectslideway

Established Member
13.4 @ 103
1.84 60 foot
intake, exhaust, 4.56's and super bald drag radials being easy on the t-45 between shifts...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKG4cI10Dkk"]YouTube- Mason Dixon Dragway HQ[/ame]

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

Mine are fairly new, I had them at about 19.7psi and I wasn't sure on how I should have launched it.

I figure I'll do a longer burnout, and then bring it up to about 2-3k RPMs and then bring the clutch up, but not all the way, and let it grab and then slowly roll out of the clutch and into the gas more once it hooks?

Or are do you all manage to hook with dropping the clutch? [I tried that..didn't work] I have stock 3.27s btw.

the first technique you described will be best, drag radials dont like to drop the clutch unless mabey the hoosiers(they wrinkle good)

svtcobralover

Established Member

Start launching around 2200rpm and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
the first technique you described will be best, drag radials dont like to drop the clutch unless mabey the hoosiers(they wrinkle good)

Start launching around 2200rpm and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

Thanks for the advice! I'll smoke the tires nicely in 2nd gear and start slipping the clutch out at around 2200 RPM and mess around with it from there. I'm new to driving with drag radials...so its a learning experience for me with this...whenever I get slicks I'll have to relearn again as well, lol.

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
Well considering my car with nittos 305's that are new, and the same KB, I cut a 2.4 60' (my tires were at almost 30 psi just what I normally run) and the Kb had the 8lbs pulley on. I managed a 12.0@118 with a 2.4 60' so I would say yeay your mph should be higher. You either need a serious driver mod or a new tune.

maybe the tune is whats killing me cuz it still hasent been tuned compleatly for the 39lbs injecter and the 90mm maf

Users who are viewing this thread