I hope this can buff out!!

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Ok i was filling up at the gas station and noticed this!! It kinda rubs off with the fingernail. I believe it is only on the surface. Do you think my best bet is just to try to buff it out??
Hopefully you can see it in these pictures, it is kinda like a white circle on the rear passenger fender.

32983-1014-33060.jpg

32983-1014-33061.jpg

32983-1014-33062.jpg

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
If you can remove it with your fingernail, then you can remove it with a clay bar.

A clay bar is best for stuff like that. Paint transfers, overspray, sap, just about anything on top of the paint.

Stewart

Bootbox

Established Member
Andrew@JDM said:

If it rubs off easily with his fingernail, why won't it come off with a good waxing? Cleaner wax has a mild compound in it, it should work great.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Do you have any idea on how it happened, or what it is? Like everyone else said, you could either use wax or clay-bar it, both way's will remove it.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
ok i got almost all of it off with cleaner wax. good call BOOTBOX. Clay bar was takin forever so i tried some cleaner wax and it worked a tad better. You can't really see anything unless you get real close than you can see some real small marks. Kinda sucks workin outside when it feels like its 20 degrees. I think i might just let my brother have at it with the buffer. thanks for the help guys.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
My Blood Pressure would go off the scale. A scrape like that on my Sonic Blue Lightning might be the end of me. I would probley have a Heart Attack.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
SVT_Gixxer1000 said:
My Blood Pressure would go off the scale. A scrape like that on my Sonic Blue Lightning might be the end of me. I would probley have a Heart Attack.

Trust me I almost crapped my pants when i saw it!! Thankefully it was a scuff and not a scratch.

Phillystang2000

Member of the O&A Army
Established Member
I came out for work the other morning and found a nice scrape on my passenger side front bumper. Unfortunate for me, it won't buff out. Gonna have to paint it for the second time now. At least this time I'll have a new hood to paint at the same time.

Jim

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Bootbox said:
If it rubs off easily with his fingernail, why won't it come off with a good waxing? Cleaner wax has a mild compound in it, it should work great.

For me, it's because a clay bar usually works best.

In this case tho, it looks like a good cleaner wax worked better for him.

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread