I just separated from the Navy and...

Red99CSVT

Established Member
I'm just kinda talking here so bear with me:

I gotta tell you all going from being busy all the time to having nothing to do really sucks. I was an Aviation Electrician I did 7 1/2 years in the Navy I worked on P-3C aircraft in that time I went on 8 deployments was a supervisor ran the night shift was dependable and always busy. I became the go to guy for the last year the person they looked for to ask how do we fix this? I've been back in Wa for the last 9 weeks 8 of which I was on separation leave I've been accepted to Universal Technical Institute starting class on April 21 until then I don't have much to do. Until then I'm going to collect my unemployment which I've started but won't recieve any money until at soonest the beginning of next week. It's quite an adjustment for me I joined at 17 and turned 25 Oct last year so it's really the only thing I know I don't regret my decision to get out I didn't realize it would be this hard to adjust. I do have a trip to Arizona planned to check out the school and get housing set up etc. the end of this month but until then...bordem.

Dusten

Established Member
join the reserves if your that bored... haha.
Sorry, im still a navy recruiter for another month.
If you dont mind me asking, why the decision to bolt?

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
get a job, that will take up half of of your time. I work fulltime and collect 3/4 time through the MGIBill. If you had a job, you would have very little to no time like the rest of us.

Red99CSVT

Established Member
Dusten-I got out because I didn't like the direction the Navy is heading it's turning into a place where nobody looks out for anyone wasn't like that when I first joined. Plus I was in two special projects commands back to back sea duty when I went on det I was the only AE at the site. Bottom line I got burnt out and I don't play the political games they want you to start playing as a senior E-5. I was the guy that told everyone straight up what I was thinking on every subject and in return for my bluntness was told to watch my attitude constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread