I just spent...

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
$40.00 on oil for the L. Mobil one 5-20. never could find the stuff a few months ago. Must be pretty new??? and a pair of mechanix gloves for 14.00 on sale at autozone hehe. oh, and the oil came with a free mobile one oil filter. I am going to use my standard 820 filter anyway.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Mobil 1 synthetic 5-20 has been around for a while and I buy it by the six pack and I think it's around 36 and change before taxes... but I use the 10 and change before tax K&N gold oil filters which I think trap particles less than 10 microns if I remember right which is better than most others... also Wix makes a good filter.... late Stan

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Mobil 1 synthetic 5-20 has been around for a while and I buy it by the six pack and I think it's around 36 and change before taxes... but I use the 10 and change before tax K&N gold oil filters which I think trap particles less than 10 microns if I remember right which is better than most others... also Wix makes a good filter.... late Stan

I have never been able to find the stuff here. saw it tonight and picked it up. my last oil change was a while back though. I only out 4K miles or less a year on the truck.

bready

Established Member
im pretty sure Costco carries Mobil 1, very cheap too, i know its cheaper than $40

FordFanStan

Established Member
no shit, walmart..?? well ill just have to check that out here, even if no one theres speaks english.... thanks for the tip... i get mine now at autozone here in cali... as far as i know all the autozones in cali carry it.. at least all the ones ive been to.. oh by the way, I only let it stay in there for approximately 1800 to 2000 miles.. probably overkill... but thats just me playin it extra safe.... late Stan

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
My 5-30 Mobil 1 Full Syn from Costco (They don't have 5-20 only 5-30) was $26 for 6 quarts. Cheaper than Wally World but the hour long wait in line just to get this and 90,000 rolls of toilet paper weren't worth the $4 savings.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
hello mates
I dont want to start a "oil war" here but as you blokes are here at the moment I thought I'd ask I'm about to do my first oil change my truck was recently imported and has had regular ford servicing it has just over 60'000 miles on it so I was thinking of going the way of mobil1 (good idea?)but was also wondering what grade to use I live on the south west coast of England so the weather is pretty mild all year,the only filter I've managed to get over here is a wix make that was mentioned earlier as a good type so I should be alright with it ,cheers
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Go with Mobil-1 5w-20, that's what most of us run. They just started getting the 5w-20 around to all the stores, but some guys still have trouble finding it. Mobil-1 was making 0w-20 for our trucks, they said it was there equivalent to Ford's recommended 5w-20. On the filters, i use K&N Gold oil filters in my Lightning and my Cobra. Good luck with your new Lightning, tear it up over there! :beer:

FordFanStan

Established Member
lightninmike said:
thats a little to safe Stan
changeing your oil to early is just as bad as changing it to late

So I should wait for the 3000 mile mark you guys think to change it? Im not calling you a liar, its just that in one of my auto classes we spent one whole month on just oil and that was never mentioned? Does anyone care to explain? thanks Stan

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Lightning LA said:
Go with Mobil-1 5w-20, that's what most of us run. They just started getting the 5w-20 around to all the stores, but some guys still have trouble finding it. Mobil-1 was making 0w-20 for our trucks, they said it was there equivalent to Ford's recommended 5w-20. On the filters, i use K&N Gold oil filters in my Lightning and my Cobra. Good luck with your new Lightning, tear it up over there! :beer:
Thanks for the info mate looks like mobil1 is the way to go ,
I'll try and source the k+n filter over here cheers,
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread