I lost HP?

FriedRice

Established Member
Ok who has ever heard of this? I got a 99 cobra with a 01 eng. Put on a bassani cat-less X-pipe,mac fenderwell cold air pipe and dyno'ed it. The numbers were 287 rwhp. After that i did 4:10's steeda underdrive pullies and a magnaflow catback. Re-dyno'ed it at 282 rwhp. WTF:cuss: The air fuel curve changed by 2 points first dyno run was a 12:1 then after the other mods it went lean to a 14:1 ratio. The guys at the dyno were at a loss of words. Anyone got an idea what happened?:cryying:

Established Member
Did you get the dyno done on a dynojet? I've been told that if you have steeper gerars than stock, the number will come out lower than it should. Just a thought.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by FriedRice
Ok who has ever heard of this? I got a 99 cobra with a 01 eng. Put on a bassani cat-less X-pipe,mac fenderwell cold air pipe and dyno'ed it. The numbers were 287 rwhp. After that i did 4:10's steeda underdrive pullies and a magnaflow catback. Re-dyno'ed it at 282 rwhp. WTF:cuss: The air fuel curve changed by 2 points first dyno run was a 12:1 then after the other mods it went lean to a 14:1 ratio. The guys at the dyno were at a loss of words. Anyone got an idea what happened?:cryying:

You are way to lean for some reason. They need to check all your O2 sensors and maybe reset your computer to compensate for all your mods.

FriedRice

Established Member
Check O2 sensors, what exactly sre they checking? How can you test those? To reset my computer just disconect the bat for 30 mins right?

FriedRice

Established Member
Originally posted by 103
Did you get the dyno done on a dynojet? I've been told that if you have steeper gerars than stock, the number will come out lower than it should. Just a thought.

yep got it dyno'ed on a dyno jet 1200hp

Users who are viewing this thread