I lost my best friend today

_Snake_

Established Member
Be strong for those that can't be, like his wife, daughter, parents, etc... Their support will be a good thing for you to focus on. Being their rock will be hard, but it will give you a purpose for the time being. They will appreciate it beyond any measure, and they will never forget those that helped them through the hardest times. I'm the type of person that says "I don't have friends, I have family." Losing members of my "family" and being there for theirs really helped me through those times as well as growing the size of my own family exponentially.

Of the family (both friends and real) that I've lost way too soon, we had "Irish Wakes" with the closest friends sitting around a fire sharing drinks (avoid the hard stuff, the darker the drink, the darker the drunk) and stories of the good times and all of the stupid things we had all done together. I learned a lot about people that I was really close with that thought I knew everything about.

Laughter is the best medicine. I promise you this.

When it gets too much for you (which will inevitably happen) share your feelings with your closest loved ones, they love you and want to help you through this.

Sorry for your loss. Best of luck getting through everything.

This is great advice, thank you. Spot on.

We all got together at his house and shared stories, laughed, and basically tried to put ourselves into the state of mind that he’d want (celebrate his life and not mourn his passing).

Cobra1997111

Established Member
Very sorry for your loss, I’ve been there and time does help. It still sucks every time I think about my friend who passed years ago.

_Snake_

Established Member
Thanks again everyone. Dinner last night was full of highs and lows, but it was good to get out. His wife agreed. Services are at 6pm tomorrow and I’m already knotted up.

At dinner, his wife said this was all part of a plan and she could see everything clearly. That’s all she could share at the time because their daughter was with us. Understandably, I’ve had a hard time thinking about much else since then but I know she’ll fill us in when she’s ready.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Sorry for your loss. It will get easier but will never go away.

March 15th 1995 Humberto Escobar and Billy Quinn.

Users who are viewing this thread