I love havin this truck in HS...

BlackL2001

Established Member
Me and my girlfriend were hangin out watchin family guy, and her friend calls her. They get to talkin and her friend had hung out wtih these 2 guys who just graduated this year. They start talkin about my girlfriend then get to me, and she said they spent about 30 minutes talkin about how bad ass my truck was. I get it allllll the time...people at school come up to me and just tell me how lucky and how bad ass my truck is. The ladies LOVE IT (which my girlfriend is happy about ;-) ). Its just pretty nice to get commented on your truck every day...even by teachers and coaches. :rockon:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Yes you are lucky, we all are. You have excellent choice in color too, took me two times to get it right. You should paint "P*ssy Wagon" on the tailgate.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Yup, I wish they would've had these when I was in high school... but I got by in my POS ***** <--- I'm not admitting what it was :-D

ID 10 T said:
You should paint "P*ssy Wagon" on the tailgate.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I hear ya. I meet people I've never seen before and they go "You're the one with the Lightning, right?"

TXRickC

Established Member
I was driving my old mans '86 Chevy Silverado during High School.
It was the worst combo- Single cab, Long bed, 305cid, 3-speed, no power options. :(

Kinda funny I met another Lightning owner in the small town I live in now and he had a project '86 Silverado in his back yard, turns out it was my fathers old truck :eek:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I remember high school days, I drove my dad's '65 Mustang Convertable with a rebuilt 302 and set up for some street/strip racing...it was dad and I's project car. had it looking like a shelby convertable, with the strips and all...dark blue, white strips and white top...can't complain...dad has it know that I graduate but I am going to buy it from him when he will actually let me buy it :bash: won't even sell it to me.

blackL2001...I know how you feel and it feels great huh?!!?!!

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
TXSVTLIGHTNING said:
I was driving my old mans '86 Chevy Silverado during High School.
It was the worst combo- Single cab, Long bed, 305cid, 3-speed, no power options. :(

Kinda funny I met another Lightning owner in the small town I live in now and he had a project '86 Silverado in his back yard, turns out it was my fathers old truck :eek:
if i were you i would see if he would let you take a pic of youir truck next to the chebby, you know kinda like where you came from and where you are

BlackL2001

Established Member
It does feel great. Theres this retard with a yellow Fiero, all riced out pretty bad. He's goin around telling people that he would rape my truck, because its "only a truck, theres no way it could be faster then a car, especially his." One day when I was putting on a show with my truck he had been walkin up and I asked him where his banana-mobile was. He made up some excuses about it getting new shit done to it and that he would race me when he gets it done. I alwayssss tell him I'll race him but hes too pussy to ever balls up and do it.

I'm a junior and my girlfriends a hott senior...life is good :rockon:

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Damn I miss my High School days. Now I'm looking forward to middle age in a few more years. Mid-life crisis here I come :banana: .
I'm gonna buy a Corvette, find a 20 something girlfriend, and make a complete ass of myself. LOL.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
that's awsome :rockon:

I thought that only happens in the movies; I can only imagine what it would be like to be in high school with my truck

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
lucky to have that truck in high school, I went to a "rich" high school. You know, where kids drive anything from brand new chevy silverados with 6" suspension and 4" body lifts with monster tires, to c5 vettes, to M3s, etc etc. Meanwhile, my family barely scraped by to help me get this...but I loved this truck. It broke so much it taught me a lot and not only that, it was the only ranchero in school, so people knew who I was, even if it was cause I had the big ugly truck thing, at least they knew :burnout:
wMTAyODM1NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAyODM1NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Hey WhiteWhine, what happened to the 'Chero? I'd pimp the hell out of it. Old school flava. Trying to search my brain cells, but is that a 351C under the hood?

Last edited:

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Man oh man i remember my first vehicle:

85 Ford F-250 standard cab, long bed 4 wheel drive.
Had the 6.9 IH Diesel, no power anything and a messed up transmission. 0-60 in about 2 miles. To get it to shift into drive from second you had to run it way up in the r's in second and then throw it into drive (column shifted auto). It would lurch and shift and then off you went...Had 175K on it when i got it and 325k when I got rid of it. Smoked like a chimney, 6mpg and the pickups in both tanks were kind of rusted and the fuel guage didn't work so i had to keep a little notepad and watch my miles because I had to switch each tank at 100miles...

Ignition was broken so I just left a house key in it, locked the doors and crawled in through the broken sliding rear window. Actually I made my friends crawl in over the super hot toolbox (Florida heat) to unlock it so we could go home...

Then my friends finally figured out I couldn't lock it and you didn't need a key and at least 3 days a week my truck disappeared only to be found half way across town once I hiked to it...or parked in the middle of the practice football field, in the middle of the baseball diamond, etc...

Fun times...

fatwake2000

Established Member
Sirhc7897 that is so great that they would park it in the middle of the field. when i was a junior me and 5 friend picked up this girls new mini cooper and mover it like three spots ove before football one day. it was great to see her just stairing at it like something was off but she didnt know what.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Hey WhiteWhine, what happened to the 'Chero? I'd pimp the hell out of it. Old school flava. Trying to search my brain cells, but is that a 351C under the hood?
yeah, years ago I had this fantasy that I'd swap a lightning engine and tranny in there and have the first (to my knowledge) Lightning ranchero. Then some guys explained to me for the price I'd probably pay I could just buy a lightning. At that point I was a poor college kid so that went out the window. I ended up dumping around 4k into the engine on a rebuild I saw in hot rod magazine. It started as a 351M (same as cleveland, taller deck though and few little differences). I bored it 30 over, rv cam, crank from the 400M, full rebuild, did up the tranny with convertor, shift kit, lsd 3.50s, spent lots of money on that thing and all it ever did was crap out on me time and time again. Literally one month during college, I got towed four times. guess thats what happens when you make as many changes as I did. anyway, wish I coulda kept it so I could restore it someday, just dont have the space.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
Im a junior to, but i never take my truck to school. I dont want anyone to mess with it, to many people get jelous. Only drive it on weekends and all summer.

Users who are viewing this thread