I love my car. 11.70's with CAI, exhaust and tune

clc44

Established Member
Because with stock heads and cam's the GT350 is right there with the CJ all the way up to around 7500-7600 rpm and doesn't lose any torque through the curve. It's just a better manifold for a car with a stock motor. I also get to reuse most of my induction so it's less expensive in the short term.

Do you know where some good threads are on the matter? I've seen one decent one.

2fast88

Established Member
Well, I've run high 12.60's-low 12.70's when the car was bone stock on stock tires (and still had a tenth or two in it if damn "clutch protection" wouldn't have kept interfering). I'm going to run the stock tires again in its current state just to see where I can get it, would be nice to run bottom 12's or even crack an 11.999. I honestly think some people are impatient and just want to throw parts at the car to make them fast when in reality just taking the time to learn how to drive the car will get you much further.
I agree. I have run 12.60s on stock tires as well, still I see full bolt on and tuned cars Goin high 12s lol. Need tire and need to learn how to drive. Iv been 11.92@113 completely stock with hoosier qt pros, upr upper and lowers, and viking rear shocks.

evanjp

Established Member
Adding something about Lund, my tune sent from them seems spot on too. I asked for a revision for a bit more low end (boss mani, hard to do) but they sent me another and it is dead on I feel like. They told me to send a datalog if I wanted to (how's that for service) to see where else they could tweak it.

My brother has a 2010 camaro ss and he has been to two tuners who will not take datalogs. I think it costed a ridiculous amount for the first person he was going to, but he ported a stock throttle body and his new tuner said he would not take a datalog. We got it good with our top tuners man.

ziggity

Established Member
Any weight reduction? Still using radials? That's a good 60 and mph for radials and your mods. Any suspension mods?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Any weight reduction? Still using radials? That's a good 60 and mph for radials and your mods. Any suspension mods?

The only weight reduction I did was get rid of the factory strut tower brace. Still on a drag radial, 315/35R17 Hoosier on 03 Cobra replica wheels out back. Seems to be the perfect sized tire for my RPM and 3.31 combo. Pass the traps at 6900 rpm in 4th.

**EDIT**

Forgot to mention, only suspension mod is Eibach pro-kit springs, everything else is stock.

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
congrats ! 730's with a bolt on car is really doing it.i have similar mods but with A6.what is the best launch technique with drag radial? right now fastesti have been is 8.00.i think 7.70's should be easy with the mods.THANKS in advance.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
congrats ! 730's with a bolt on car is really doing it.i have similar mods but with A6.what is the best launch technique with drag radial? right now fastesti have been is 8.00.i think 7.70's should be easy with the mods.THANKS in advance.

For me, I had the tire pressure set to 20 psi and would pretty much dump the clutch from roughly 5k RPM and then mat the throttle. They have been prepping the track really well lately since they have been under new management, especially for a test and tune night (where they pretty much never prepped for T&T before).

DaBigBone

Established Member
Very impressive times! Hoping to get some more seat time in mine if the weather would ever cooperate :(

Users who are viewing this thread