I love SRT10 Owners

LightningMoose

Established Member
So I'm talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Oklahoma about his truck (SRT10 quadcab). I don't hate on his truck, it's definitely a nice truck and is definitely fast. I know some of the basic specs (hp/tq, estimated 1/4, 0-60), you know, the important stuff :)

I told him I'd race him (stock vs stock), and told him my truck is estimated at high 13s, low 14s. He goes (referring to his truck) "that truck averages 11s stock, haven't tested it yet, but I know it for a fact".

I tried explaining how even at a generous 500HP to the ground, at 5500lbs (estimated curb weight for the quad), there's no chance in hell it's running 11s. I even linked him to a ET calculator that I put in 5500 and 500, and it even came back with 13.77.

Now I know this isn't just an isolated incident against SRT10 owners (I've seen my fair share of idiots in all car crowds), it's just another story against them :)

MarvelMan

Established Member
Yeah I love SRT 10 owners too. Since they are dodge guys they look kinda confused to begin with. Then when you are blowing by them in your L their look is priceless!!!

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
perfeect everything...

got to factor in parasitc loss from the drive train and the big 22s they run

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
MarvelMan said:
Yeah I love SRT 10 owners too. Since they are dodge guys they look kinda confused to begin with. Then when you are blowing by them in your L their look is priceless!!!
:lol: :lol: :burnout:

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
Some SRT-10 owners are too caught up in the whole Viper engine mystique. Some actually believe they own a Viper with a bed. They are pretty cool trucks, but when I was looking at trucks two years ago, I felt the Lightning was the best bang for the buck out there. I'm very happy with my choice and love my Lightning.

ducman996

Established Member
But the SRT10 ram is the fastest production truck ever made! A co-worker of mine bought one and I told him I had an L, he said "My viper truck will put the smack down on that Lightning." I said, "If you want to go to the track I've got $10 that says I'll be across the line first." He just looked at me confused like how could that be possible?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Some local guy here has a all blacked out srt 10, wheels lights tint everything, super nice truck.

Then you get to the back and it has like 2 foot wheelir bars coming right out below the bumper and the plates say 500 HP.

Ive only ever saw 1 lightning local, some guy came with us to dyno day last year.

PS, can i have that et calcualtor?

SADF

Established Member
I hope there are some to beat up on to night at the track. There was a herd of em' a few weeks agoa at commerce. All of them were running low 14's high 13's.

LtnRyder

03 636 as well
Established Member
I raced one stock v stock and 1st race tie, then the 2nd I put a car on him. I heard him misshift, but hey thats was his fault. :-D Haven't run into one since I've gotten my mods done to see how much it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread