I may have finally found a Lightning. questions inside

Wayneovich

Established Member
Well after a late night fishing trip I may have finally found a decent Lightning (no I didn't hook a submerged one) LOL. I passed by a 03 DSG in a little farm town, after a quick call this morning with the owner it is an 03 with 52,XXX miles, 1 owner, bone stock and only wants 15K, I looked at the truck closer this morning though I was pretty tired and the couple of flaws I found were the factory exhaust tips were rusted and the driver door inside handle's chrome was peeling off. The paint looked good and the lights did not look hazed.Everything looks good so far sans a test drive and a look under the hood. So what else should I be on the look out for? Would it be adviseable to take it to a local Ford dealer and have them look at it? Thanks in advance for any help fellas.

burnzilla

Established Member
A one owner with 52k?
Was it drove it winter?
Was the original owner an alcoholic?

If not it sounds like a nice example of a Lightning. :D

Dusten

Established Member
the chrome peeling is all to common, and the stock exhaust is ugly, so i wouldnt sweat how it looks. Most stock systems look dirty and corroded.
The lightnings really don't have issues that the rest of the f-150's dont already have. Nothing major, if you buy it, just give it a tune up, plugs, oil change, fuel filter, and pull the blower and clean the intercool

Wayneovich

Established Member
O.K. went and looked at the truck again today met the owner and test drove it. Everything seems good It needs a good waxing, man that thing pulls like a train LOL. The truck is in great shape it has been sitting in a barn an older guy owns it and he just doesn't drive it anymore. There is one boo boo on the front fascia down by the fog light he grazed a fire hydrant not major but will prolly get repainted if I can't touch it up. Biggest thing now is getting it financed so I got a couple of apps out right now I hope to know something in the morning. I will keep you guys posted.

Users who are viewing this thread