I might be coming to the dark side...

ViciousJay

Established Member
He always thinks his way is the best. Anyways 1600 for sweet rims badass tires and brembos!!!!! Seriously what a deal.

and your stupidity gets in the way, just cause its says brembo doesnt mean its the end all. Anyways every freaking car comes with brembos. chances are you wouldnt notice the difference. Seeing how 85% of us dont open track its a worthless option.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
:shrug: The brembo package includes upgraded wheels and tires as well. I think it's a killer deal IMO... and 395$ for the upgraded 3.73's is still considerably cheaper than doing gears yourself...

ive owned 19" wheels and thats something i will never want to own again, tire prices are stupid expensive, they bend easier, they handle worse, these days ill pass on 19's

ncarter124

Established Member
I just quoted tire sizes from Tire Rack (stock size vs. Brembo size) and yes the difference is a solid $400-$500 a set. I can certainly see the negatives to the 19's but I think I will end up with them unless I can get a test drive with a GT without the package to make a comparison. I really don't see myself tracking the car so I am getting the package for aesthetics more than anything,

Grant808

Established Member
One more for the Brembo and 3.73.

I don't plan on open tracking, but I have zero regrets ordering my car with those two options. I test drove the base 3.31 manual before ordering, and while it didn't feel too tall a gear, I knew I would want more.

The other 'must have' for me was the 401A interior. Otherwise I could have easily gotten a car with the options I wanted off the lot.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
For those of you that obviously know a lot more than me, what would you say are some "must have" options on this car? I'm looking at a 6spd GT Premium.
well that's really up to you. i'm all about performance, but the #1 thing i personally go for is the sync package. the cell phone and MP3 player is just WAY too cool! i would probably end up getting the brembos and 3.55s(more versatile gear IMO) as well.

if i were to get one of the new 'stangs, it would probably be a sterling grey V6 premium(gotta get the premium to get sync), manual, rear lower diffuser, maybe the nav system, and maybe the performance pack(probably not, since i would have some mod plans that would replace most of the parts anyways). toss a turbo or two under the hood, throw some griggs at the suspension, true forged wheels in satin black(to go with the satin black stripes that it would get), and you'll have a very capable street/track(the kind with turns) car that stands out from the rest. not sure what all that has to do with your car though:lol1:

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
and your stupidity gets in the way, just cause its says brembo doesnt mean its the end all. Anyways every freaking car comes with brembos. chances are you wouldnt notice the difference. Seeing how 85% of us dont open track its a worthless option.
Your name and avatar show what a big douchbag you really are. 

ViciousJay

Established Member
Your name and avatar show what a big douchbag you really are. 

ok hill billy, dont you have a sheep to play with? Anyways if you cant see the hidden message in my avatar then your only fooling yourself

also your a fool, id love to see a standard vs brembo package side by side and see which is better for the street, cuz we all know you cant drive on that let alone the track

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
yo

Get an auto car!! Then start the mods.

Well, I will admit, I have never owned a Ford aside from an LTD I got for free and sold at 15 years old, came out of a Nissan 350z, and am shopping for a BMW 135i. The stupid BMW engineers have been plagued with fuel pump issues since 2008 so I am starting to entertain other options. I just drove a new GT today and wow... what a car!

I am at the stage of heavily considering this car. I just quoted insurance and it's not terrible.

For those of you that obviously know a lot more than me, what would you say are some "must have" options on this car? I'm looking at a 6spd GT Premium.

Thanks in advance.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok guys let's take a few chill pills in here! :rollseyes I've given some infractions and deleted quite a few posts. Knock it off! :nono:

People have been driving Mustangs with brakes that are 'ok' for so long they can't really tell the difference any more.

The stock Mustang GT brakes are decent. If you want 'good' brakes, opt for the Brembos. The Brembos will rock your World and you don't even have to take them to the track to appreciate them.

The 14" Brembo's rocked my World the first time I took my Shelby GT500 to the track. I can only imagine how good those brakes would be on a car that weighs several hundred pounds less! :eek:

Brakes are a safety item. The option is reasonably priced and I would opt for them along with the 3:73's. You won't regret it!

That's just my opinion!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

redrocket2011

Established Member
It’s not the dark side, it’s the bright side. I’ve had 32 cars from various makes from foreign to domestic. My Fords have been the fastest and most reliable of them all.

ncarter124

Established Member
Thanks everyone. 3.73's and Brembo's it is.

And like redrocket said, I don't see it as the dark side, that was a joke. The GT will be car #17 for me, but none of those have been a muscle car, so I figure I will see what the hype is all about. I've had everything from a Toyota Corona (not a typo) to a Triumph Spitfire that I still own, to Buicks, Chevys, Geo (lol), Kia (great daily driver), Nissans, Scion, Honda, and so on. All I know is once I drove the GT I just had to have it. The power is addicting. :D

Looks like I will go for a Black GT Premium, 6 speed, 3.73's, hood scoop/pedistal spoiler, Brembo's, and that will pretty much do it. So stoked for this car.

Last edited:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Definitely get the gears.. Not high on the Brembos just because you HAVE to get the wheels they supply with them and unless you track, you really don't need them. I'll be opting for BAER Brakes and Alcoas in the near future.. Just rather do it my own way.. That's half the fun..

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Thanks everyone. 3.73's and Brembo's it is.

And like redrocket said, I don't see it as the dark side, that was a joke. The GT will be car #17 for me, but none of those have been a muscle car, so I figure I will see what the hype is all about. I've had everything from a Toyota Corona (not a typo) to a Triumph Spitfire that I still own, to Buicks, Chevys, Geo (lol), Kia (great daily driver), Nissans, Scion, Honda, and so on. All I know is once I drove the GT I just had to have it. The power is addicting. :D

Looks like I will go for a Black GT Premium, 6 speed, 3.73's, hood scoop/pedistal spoiler, Brembo's, and that will pretty much do it. So stoked for this car.

You won't regret it my friend...;-)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread