I miss my truck

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Well, I never posted this here but about two months ago, I sold my Lightning. I was having a couple of problems with it plus it was costing me too much. At first I thought as long as I can have fun in my new truck, this won’t be bad. I bought myself my first ever 4x4 truck and have been wheeling the crap out of it. I love it. But as time goes by, I find that I really want to get another Lightning. I can’t get one now because I would be in the same boat of not being able to afford it but I finish up with an investment of mine in about a year and I think I’m going to treat myself to one. You know, do all the things I wanted to do the first time around but never got a chance to. I left my old truck pretty much stock with the exception of a predator tune. I’ve started looking into prices and colors and upgrades and all the good things that go along with new car shopping and I’m getting more and more excited about it. I can’t wait to get back in the game of being a Lightning owner and being able to make it to some meets and get to know some of you guys. After I sold my truck, I didn’t stop coming here but I did stop posting for some time. This forum has got to be one of the best on the internet. Others are so rude to newbie’s and when somebody asks a question, they act like it’s a big inconvenience to them. Thanks for all the help in the past and I can’t wait to be back in the circuit here.

AJ

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
after i wrecked my first L i was looking all over for a new one before i even got the insurance check. couldnt see myself driving anything else.

you could probably get a used on with mods for cheaper then the one you had before. i know i was paying less for a 2003 over a 2001 when i got my 2nd truck.

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
With the searching I have done, I can pick up a 03 or 04 for only a couple of grand more then I paid for my 99 when I bought it. When I am ready next year, the prices will probably be close to the same. As far as buying one with mods, I like to do that stuff myself that way I know it was done correctly. One thing I do know is that I am staying away from dealerships. They are charging an arm and a leg for 03's and 04's.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Yup, there is no going back once you have one. I have owned two different trucks since I sold my red 01 L and they both sucked. I wasn't at all happy again until I got another one, hell ask Lightning Larry! LOL he sold his and got a volkswagen! He couldn't stand it either. There is just nothing on earth to compare to these trucks, if there were I'd own it. You shouldn't stay away from posting here, you are still part of the club in spirit if not in ownership. Everyone has to make sacrafices sometimes, I have made mine and come full circle.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I feel your pain, I was going to get a regular car and get some bills paid off and get a Lightniing a couple years down the road from now. I changed my mind after I dorve a rental for a week before Inusrace setteld with me

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
ford2001svt said:
after i wrecked my first L i was looking all over for a new one before i even got the insurance check. couldnt see myself driving anything else.

you could probably get a used on with mods for cheaper then the one you had before. i know i was paying less for a 2003 over a 2001 when i got my 2nd truck.

Same here. I'm going to get all my smaller bills like Visa and other CC out of the way to make damn sure I can afford some mods and the gas it'll take to have my fun. I was getting by before but It was getting to the point where I'd only go out riding around on the weekends to save on gas. I've already found 2 trucks and I think all it's going to come down to is picking a color I like. I still like silver, but want something different so people won't think it's the same one.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I agree. I can't think of anything else I would rather drive other than a Terminator, and even then I'm sure I would miss my L. I thought about trading it a while back for a Lincoln LS and the salesman talked me out of it.... I should buy him lunch for that....

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
chuchomula said:
I agree. I can't think of anything else I would rather drive other than a Terminator, and even then I'm sure I would miss my L. I thought about trading it a while back for a Lincoln LS and the salesman talked me out of it.... I should buy him lunch for that....
I know I would

Users who are viewing this thread