I miss Postban

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
Ya know, I've gone back and read some of his Threads and I gatta say that guy was a treasure. Just look at how many hits his posts got! Sure was thorough.

Hats off !!

You still out ther4e? What new hobby have you picked up, I have to read those threads!!:beer:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I saw him eating breakfast with his chilren in Wyandotte maybe a year or more ago. I did not get to talk about hobbies. I thought he was going to buy a boat.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I talk to dave periodically, he makes really ass kicking beer now.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Did not know him really but pretty sure I bumped into his old car at a car show last summer here in MD.

IMG00026-20090801-1108.jpg

IMG00025-20090801-1108.jpg

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Lol

Yep, you can see one of the large holes that were cut into the unibody for his attempted twin-turbo install
I knew you would know.

She gets around like a whore looking for work: MI, FL, MD...

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Yep, you can see one of the large holes that were cut into the unibody for his twin-turbo install

None of the turbo piping was even close to fitting. Turbohorsepower failure.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I like the that billet eched Motor City Terminators logo covers are still bolted up :rockon:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
For the melancholy Gary.... :beer: Kevin told me about this thread.
IMG_0248.jpg

You can tell that is Scratchy because of my PSB...... power steering bracket. Had to whip that up outta thin air IIRC.

Been keepin in touch regular with dougwg and with MidlifeC, another homebrewer now.
Helped Kevin and Chris drop a Whipple tonight for a short time, felt great to wrench on one of these pigs again. If I aint shootin, or brewin or working Im ridin my Buell. Available for blab all the time on Michigan Gun Owners

Hey, you guys wanna shoot some machine guns? Totally legal, owner is a Dearborn Hts cop, good friend of mine. Has a business renting machineguns.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/gunbarn2/index.html

It will be outstanding and a decent cruise out to Dexter. Hope to see you out there.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Great job on the hoppy beer Dave! I can't say enough about it. Hopslam with a little extra flavor to it. It's my new favorite beer:beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Great job on the hoppy beer Dave! I can't say enough about it. Hopslam with a little extra flavor to it. It's my new favorite beer:beer:

Bummer about the fuel rails, I cannot remember sh&t like that anymore.

Hey, Big Garage sale at my house Friday-Sunday. FREE BEER or cider sample TO any SVT that shows up.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Bummer about the fuel rails, I cannot remember sh&t like that anymore.

Hey, Big Garage sale Friday-Sunday. FREE BEER or cider sample TO any SVT that shows up.

The fuel rail thing didn't cross my mind until it was too late. I remember when we did you're whipple the lower intake stayed on the vehicle so the rails were already on. Chalk it up to failure. I won't make that mistake again:beer:

Last edited:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Too bad; Saturday is a brew day for me. 9+% ABV IIPA pushing over 125 IBU. Lotsa yeast cooking up right now.

Hey, Big Garage sale at my house Friday-Sunday. FREE BEER or cider sample TO any SVT that shows up.

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
Just saw this thread.

Yes, there was a Postban sighting along with a Jpjr and PlanB sighting at my old man's garage. Dave and Kevin helped me with the Whipple, which just got home from Lidio's yesterday. Made about 545rwhp on a california 91 octane tune with the stock midpipe (for smogging), stock 3.5 whipple upper, and stock lower. Should make way more with some dragon breath and an upper swap once I find a place in CA. Shipping the car out here now that I've cleaned some parts out of the closet and have garage space.

As far as the install, we did end up having to yank the blower/lower off and install the fuel rails before she got torqued down. It was not a big deal at all as the car was not back together just loose fit. I used the Fore rails and they barely fit even with the blower out of the car... extremely beefy. I ended up going full Lethal return style + BAP as well, which is way overkill right now but will make adding tons of horsepower through pulleys much easier in the future if I ever get some real gas in the car. It also relieved a surge the car was making at high rpms. Other goodies installed were Doug's pulleys and a Start N Charge 140amp alternator which is working great. Car idles at 975 very smooth and is running real strong, very pleased with Lidio's work.

I also have to say that Postban's OCD is alive and well. His home brews are EXCELLENT. I mean you could seriously bottle and distribute that stuff. Makes me want to take up the trade. The guy puts everything into his passions which is cool to see.

Also very special thanks to Plan B for making it over to wrench 3 nights in one week. It would still be in 100 pieces if it weren't for Kev's wrenching ability. Hopefully one day I can return the favor although his ride is already sick. Maybe when he gets that Whipple...

Users who are viewing this thread