i need a helping hand. turbo 2001 precision cea 76 making 450hp

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Would it be crazy to ask someone from our group that would be able to tune my car and maybe willing to teach me a little bit on the rhe software.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sc...re-only.html?gclid=CKrVve2Y68QCFQqEfgodam0AzA
My car has been in my possession since May 2009.
Write Cobra. Always wanted one after getting to know Mr. Mike Ford from work. He drove a terminator cobra that made around 440hp. He even has the Cobra emblem tattood on his shoulder.
I've been screwed over about 3 times since i went turbo with dirty mechanics who stole my stuff or ruined things. Worst luck ever.
The car has never been tuned properly since being converted to a 3 speed th400. The last time i paid for a dyno i paid $500 and left with a receipt saying " needs wastegate " took 3 hours to know this

Im looking for someone that is looking to help a good guy who needs a proper tune. And a break. ...

Looking for help In the northern Californian area. Maybe Oregon Washington.

If you wanna know more. Just ask.

It's been over a year since the new turbo upgrade.
:(

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
I have yet to tune my car myself, but I did purchase the SCT PRP package from Don LaSota. From what I've read, he's very popular and his instruction guide is one of the best. Check out his site here: http://www.lasotaracing.com/Services.html

I've read the guide I bought from him, but just simply haven't had the time to tune my car yet. He does also offer email tuning services and I believe he'd be wiling to explain some of the changes that he made and why, although I'd highly recommend that you read his guide first and/or watch his video guide and also check out the tuning section here on SVTP - which I see you've already made a thread for. Once you purchase the SCT PRP software you will also get access to the SCT forums which has lots of info as well.

I'm in N. CA right now, but considering relocating to southern Oregon. Don't know much about the turob configuration and if I had more knowledge I'd offer what I could... Hope you get the break you are looking for

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Ship it to CT!

Hey man I would get a loan out to ship it to you and you finish it up. Put Juiced on the back window! Dave your help and positive results are why I went this route . The biggest problem here is in the Oregon Washington area tell me . Is there one famous great mustang tuner ? Currently . NO way!

Thanks Dave. Let me know your address :burnout: haha

I wish I could just send it to you and you finish the tweeks and get a great tune by a someone you know. Test her our for a few weeks and take it to your track. and maybe I could drive him home in a couple months
I know its crazy to ask but I have been on medical leave since sept and been driving the poor car with the th400 since like November. 4 degrees of timing and 9 miles a gallon.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I don't see why if your car is mechanically sound you can't just rent some dyno time somewhere and have someone remote tune it. For example, both Lund and Kurgan do remote tuning.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Tabres did you do a remote tune with kurgan.?? A majority of the turbod cobras I have learned about have been tuned by Mr. Kurgan. I am going to pray to god that Bob Kurgan reads this and says to himself. Imma help this guy out. Ive been through so much with this car. And now that its just about done I haven't been working since sept and just cant afford to finish it. but It is my daily driver so it is driven . Slowly
Thanks guys

Hopefully someone chimes in that can help

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Just doing a Google search, I have found PRE racing in Portland ,
TMS ,The mustang shop in Kent ,
Fast Specialties Vancouver.

All of those have a dyno, and looks that they have been around a few years.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
If you can't afford 400-500 bucks for a tune. Sell the car and get something more stock. A turbo'd car will break or have things go wrong and they will cost a lot more than 400-450 bucks. If your wastegate is stuck open or something a tune will NOT fix mechanical issues. I do not say this to be rude, the simple fact is if you have a highly modified Cobra it will break. Period. If you have to beg for free tunes at 450-500 a pop then you will be constantly financial burdened by the car.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Just doing a Google search, I have found PRE racing in Portland ,
TMS ,The mustang shop in Kent ,
Fast Specialties Vancouver.

All of those have a dyno, and looks that they have been around a few years.

Ashley... Thanks for NOTHING. honestly what did you respond for.. You think i don't know of those shops already? Well I do. There are many more also.

I don't need YOUR help Ashley. Obviously

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-mustang-shop-kent

Fast Specialties has NEVER tuned a turbo cobra. Sad . Mine wont be their practice car. thanx

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
If you can't afford 400-500 bucks for a tune. Sell the car and get something more stock. A turbo'd car will break or have things go wrong and they will cost a lot more than 400-450 bucks. If your wastegate is stuck open or something a tune will NOT fix mechanical issues. I do not say this to be rude, the simple fact is if you have a highly modified Cobra it will break. Period. If you have to beg for free tunes at 450-500 a pop then you will be constantly financial burdened by the car.

Thank you for your response. And you dont have to be sorry for sounding rude. It was rude of you. Ive been robbed of thousands of dollars the last few years and I wouldnt mind having a hand. Thanks for not helping at all though nightmare302........????

Ive had the car in many many different forms s/c to turbo'd . I know how these things go. The tune is the most important part for me right now.

s351

Established Member
I don't think nightmare302 or ashley were being rude at all... he was just saying the truth i've had my motor blow up on the dyno and then improperly rebuilt and had to tear it down again, 6k on an install that was done all wrong, so I know about how the money game works. If you can't afford to play the game of high horsepower cars go buy a beater and leave the car until you have the funds sounds shitty but if you can't afford a tune how are you gonna afford the gas.

Plenty of guys on here have had bad luck just get through it without asking for hand outs. so stop asking for them and then responding to people who give u options that you have to pay for! yes pay for! like everyone else and saying thanks for nothing. You gotta pay to play.

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Thank you for your response. And you dont have to be sorry for sounding rude. It was rude of you. Ive been robbed of thousands of dollars the last few years and I wouldnt mind having a hand. Thanks for not helping at all though nightmare302........????

Ive had the car in many many different forms s/c to turbo'd . I know how these things go. The tune is the most important part for me right now.
Good luck getting help with that attitude. I can personally promise you I've had more failures and bad luck in cars than you can possible dream of. I'm more than likely around 30-40k down from parts breaking or people not doing what was promised. I UNDERSTAND it sucks but to ask someone to do something that they charge for free is extremely rude. I learned to tune my own car. You have all the parts to tune your own car. Instead you want to beg someone to give up their time and if it's not a free hand out you are a complete jerk to them. Tell you what buddy, you won't get many people offering to help someone who is a jerk when they try. Best of luck with your car. Sorry you've had bad luck but if you can't swing 500 bucks for a tune my opinion still stands.

Users who are viewing this thread