i need a key!

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
i need a key. not for my lightning but for my mkx its going back and i lost one of the keys and they wanna charge me 200$ to replace it.

can anyone point me in the right direction to someone that has a deal or somewhere i could go? the cheapest i found was 50 shipped from taiwan. id rather not get one from taiwan but will if i must.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Guess you learned the hard way that you gotta guard these keys with your life or else they will end up draining your bank account!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Just be glad it wasn't the flip out Benz or VW key.

$250 for the key and it takes 2 weeks to get in from Germany and $250 for the remote. The labor for programming.

motherofgod.jpg

Last edited:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
These keys are not cheap, they hvae the remotes built into the the key. Check ebay. If you were Local I could program it for ya, but obviously can't :( Oh and yo uare going to want to use an OEM key.

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
These keys are not cheap, they hvae the remotes built into the the key. Check ebay. If you were Local I could program it for ya, but obviously can't :( Oh and yo uare going to want to use an OEM key.

i appreciate the offer. what do ya mean by the oem key? as in not getting one from taiwan lol

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Yes. The aftermarket keys have issues programming correctly sometimes. Sometimes it actually does pay off in the end to spend a little more the first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread