i need brake help

logan_yomtov

Established Member
I changed my front brakes today, and now they hardly work. With the brake pedal to the floor, i can still move the front wheels. I've bled the brakes through practically a whole bottle of fluid to get rid of any air bubbles. I don't know whats wrong. Anyone have an idea?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Did you try bleeding the master cylinder, it might be woth a try?

Did you let the resivour get to low? You may have gotten air in the abs system. Unless you have access to the special equipment, you will have to have the dealer bleed the abs.

Brian

GNasty

Established Member
I have always had good luck by filling the master cylinder with fluid, then just open the bleeder at the wheel farthest away from the master cylinder (right rear) leave it open till you have fluid coming out. Close that bleeder then go the left rear and do the same thing. The go to right front, then left front.

I hope this helps!

Kyle

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Originally posted by GNasty
I have always had good luck by filling the master cylinder with fluid, then just open the bleeder at the wheel farthest away from the master cylinder (right rear) leave it open till you have fluid coming out. Close that bleeder then go the left rear and do the same thing. The go to right front, then left front.

I hope this helps!

Kyle

Kyle,

You did this without applying pressure to the pedal?

Peter

:??:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by GNasty

I hope this helps!

Kyle

DON'T do that if there is any chance of air being in there!!!! pump the brakes and force the fluid out. Remember: air wants to rise, and the calipers are not the high point of the system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread