I need help!!! Bad heat

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
Ok this is driving me crazy, and know one seems to know what it is??? when my 2004 cobra get to operating temp and the car warms up..I have this bad heat comming from the floor and or the little crack by the traction control button. I mean It gets so hot in my car you cant even drive it during the day. It is soooo bad, it makes the shifter handle so hot you cant touch it..it hit you in the face and burns my legs..

can anyone help!!! I mean even some top tunners tell me to get dyno matt.. but thats bull I shouldnt have to get dyno matt.. theres somthing wrong I know plenty of guys that have cobra's ..with no trouble

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i have some heat that comes from the floor of mine also, but not to the extreme like you are saying...

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Do you have catalytic converters installed?

If they're clogged, it will create intense heat (they will glow red)

My guess is that you're just experiencing normal Terminator heat and you should inspect the shifter boot

Last edited:

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I obviously dont have a coby, but my 98 gets like that, the trans tunnel makes the plastic trim on the inside very hot. Been like that forever, I wouldn't worry about it man

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Do you have catalytic converters installed?

If they're clogged, it will create intense heat (they will glow red)

My guess is that you're just experiencing normal Terminator heat and you should inspect the shifter boot

+1 I have heard of guys pulling the carpet and installing heat/noise reduction mats. I usually have the top down so ot is not much of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread