I need more fuel pressure

01GT5.4

Established Member
I hear this 97-98 F150 fuel rail swap is common. My question is: What adjustable fuel regulator goes on the rails and what else is needed?

Dusten

Established Member
What is your issue that the stock rails aren't working?
They are 97 rails and its a 2 bolt aeromotive or similar regulator.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I went to 97 rails and an aero reg since I went to 255's. Didn't have issues at first but later did. Bypassed the ceramic resistor which then made the rails useful.

Are you just trying to add fuel or is your pressure low?

01GT5.4

Established Member
My fuel pressure fluctuates from 30-34psi at idle. Also on the dyno my pressure is 48-50psi but slowly goes down when I hit 5k rpm's. My tuner told me a kink at the pump in tank, clogged fuel filter or bad FPR. I've crossed all of those off the list. I have a m122 swap w/ 13psi boost, stage III cams, LTs, #42 injectors, and 340lpm stealth pump. Some say i need #60s and adjustable FPR.

01GT5.4

Established Member
I have a lightning motor in my mustang. Has a full lightning swap from the return fuel setup to lightning ECU. The fuel tank and hat are of coarse mustang. I haven't made a dyno pull past 4900rpm due to my fuel dropping off. At 4900rpms on a mustamg dyno she puts down 459whp. I'm shooting for 530whp after i get my fuel supply on point

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
so you have lightning rails, and injectors, but a mustang tank setup? is that single 340 enough fuel for your needs?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Might have to do a Terminator style dual fuel pumps. Did your tuner say anything was maxing out on the dyno?

01GT5.4

Established Member
Is a cobra twin pump a direct bolt on to a 99-04 tank? I have a single Stealth 340 intake and im running out of fuel on the dyno just under 5000 rpms. So I checked my fuel filter and power supply to the pump but it all checked out. So I put the 97 f150 rails with the Aeromotive 13102 fuel regulator and bumped up the pressure but my fuel psi seems to still fluctuate. I am thinking my fuel hat and supply hose in the tank isn't aligned right and causing a bottle neck. May be buying a new aftermarket hat

Dusten

Established Member
I'd be willing to bet you are running out of fuel due to your pump not being enough.

Users who are viewing this thread