I need new tires!

Black93LightningSVT

Alrighty guys and gals hte time has arrived to get new tires so im wondering which brand has worked best for you all..Im using the stock size and whatnot so...I had the Goodyear Eagle GT2 and at 28K on them (Today) one blew on me..i dont know if thats normal or whatever but other than that i liked em...The previous owner liked the Firestones alot...i wanna hear your inputs...Thanks.Matt

WTHUR

Established Member
Originally posted by Black93LightningSVT:
Alrighty guys and gals hte time has arrived to get new tires so im wondering which brand has worked best for you all..Im using the stock size and whatnot so...I had the Goodyear Eagle GT2 and at 28K on them (Today) one blew on me..i dont know if thats normal or whatever but other than that i liked em...The previous owner liked the Firestones alot...i wanna hear your inputs...Thanks.Matt
Hey Matt, I put a set of NITTOS on about a month ago, am real happy with them. I had the Goodyear Eagle II on before and wasn't real happy with them on wet or damp pavement. The Nittos are great, expensive but, so far worth it.
Later
Walt

Sixguy

Established Member
Probably a little late to offer any suggestions by now, but I just ordered 4 BFG Comp TA HR4's in the stock size. Got them from tirerack.com for $118/tire. Cool thing is that BFG is running a promotion that if you purchase 4 of their H, V, or Z rated tires, they will give you a GTECH Pro Permformance meter for free($140 value). Tires came in yesterday, and I must admit that this 2nd gen comp ta hr4 tire looks much better than the first ones(I currently have the gen 1 hr4's). Anyone had any experience with the new ones?? How about some stories about any experiences with the GTECH Pro performance meter???:D

Sixguy

Established Member
new BFG's

Basically it looks the same, but are some noticeable differences. The lettering on the sidewalls appear to be a little larger, and the tread is some different upon close inspection. If you are worried about buying just two and them looking different, don't worry. You would just about have to put the tires side by side to notice the difference. I'll take another look tomorrow and comment on any other noticeable differences. Can't wait to get my free GTECH!!:D

Sixguy

Established Member
free gtech

You must purchase 4 BFG H, V, or Z rated tires by August 31. After the purchase, you fill out a mail-in rebate form, including your original receipt. For more details, goto to tirerack.com, click on "tires", then find "current promotions". It tells all about it, which tires qualify, and the tirerack has the best prices I have found. This also where I printed out my mail-in order/rebate form.

Can't wait till it comes....:rolleyes:

95lightning

Established Member
i am about to get some new thires as well and i was just wondering if anyone had the new bridgestone tures with uni-track?????? the guy said they are really good for racing but i think he was just trying to get my money so i wanted to know a little bit about them...thanks. :smmon:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by REDnBLUEs
Just bought 4 new firehawks on eBay for $300.00 !!! :D

Which firehawks did you get?? ss-15?? or ss-10?? white walls??? details my good man...... youll like firehawks, I had em on my Grand Prix

-Zach

Users who are viewing this thread