i need some exhaust help bad!!

venomus 03

Established Member
Hello........here is the situation, I just installed a bassani x pipe with no cats and flowmasters and it sounds absolutley terrible. I need to know what setup is the best to run with the o/r x pipe. I like the look of the mac, but I have never heard anything. What in your guys opinion sounds the best with my x pipe?? Remember no cats so it will be loud but i want it to still sound like a mustang not like an out of tune white trash mobile. Thanks for any help you can give me.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I have a Mac 3" with a catted Magnaflow X. I've never heard anyone running Bassani/Mac.

You can sort of hear mine here:
VID

venomus 03

Established Member
Wow, that sounds great. Thanks for the post and also do you know where a good place to get the mac catback is??

venomus 03

Established Member
Cool tag............If i decided to get rid of the x pipe because I did not like it would the 3' mac bolt up to the stock h??

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by venomus 03
If i decided to get rid of the x pipe because I did not like it would the 3' mac bolt up to the stock h??
Yes it will.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by venomus 03
Sweet..........thanks for your help.
No problem. Just a word of caution...I LOVE my MAC catback and have had no problems with it. It's not stainless steel though, so if you're going to be driving in poor conditions you might what to take that into consideration.

lifter213

Established Member
In my experience with an X pipe chambered mufflers like flowmaster sound bad. With the X pipe it sounds better with a free flowing muffler like Magnaflow, Borla, Bassani, etc. An H pipe is better suited for the flowmasters. Just my opinion of couse :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread