I need some expert advice on ford engines here. Please step in.

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
Ok so I finally have some money saved up again after all the money I've already spent. I have a 98 cobra with all the goodies except major engine work. So its stock heads, cams, intake manifold, and bottom end. I was wanting to take the next step and go with a kennebelle twinscrew blower. I don't really want a drag/race car but a fun streetable car so I thought this would be better that any centrifugal charger. But for one I'm worried about the added torque coming on at such low rpms, does this pose a threat to my engine? I don't want to spend all my money on this and tear something up and then be driving a sh*t and get car till I save up again. So I also found a stroker kit that adds more torque down low but also beefs up the bottom end with forged parts so you can feel safer adding a charger in the future. The kit I found is a dssracing 4.6 stroked to a 5.0. Is this a good kit for the price or are there better? How much gain would this give me without any head/cam/manifold work? Or is this not even necessary to beef up the internals? I have heard rumors about problems with stroking the 4.6. So I guess what I want is something nice to have to street (like 50 to 100 more horses and torque) to work with and be every day driveable and reliable. Could I get that out of stroker kit or a kennebell kit. Or should I do both. I was kinda leaning to a stoker with a higher compression (don't know how much would be everyday safe on pump gas) but I've heard these kits will make your car use oil and just isn't the route that should be taken. Can somebody give me some feeback? Thnks.

Users who are viewing this thread