I need some help.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
I just put another tr3650 in my 01. Replaced the pilot and throw out bearing. I have a spec stage 3+ clutch with a fidanza aluminum flywheel. Both we cleaned prior to reinstallation. Here is my problem. Before I did the swap I had a weird bearing whir sound that came from the rear of the motor. It started after the car warms up and is intermittent. When it happens It's unaffected by clutch position. It seems to be throttle related but when it starts its a constant pitch and will continue at idle for a few seconds the stop. Sometimes it lasts longer And only blipping the throttle will stop it. Any ideas? I can Maybe get a video of it. It sounds just like an accessory bearing but It's coming from the back side of the motor. So unless the sound is bouncing off the firewall from one I have No clue what it is. The car has right at a 100k miles on it. Seen the track only two times.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Might want to get a stethoscope and start hunting down the noise. Noises can travel all around an engine bay.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The only other thing I can think of is maybe the IAC doing something weird. It's on the back of the intake. So it would sound like the back of the motor. And it would respond to you blipping the throttle.

01yellercobra

Established Member
EGR valve is on the driver side. IAC is passenger side. Right behind the throttle body.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Sounds strange but my PCV valve made noise when warmed-up. Sounded like a bearing while I was idle in the driver's seat

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Sounds strange but my PCV valve made noise when warmed-up. Sounded like a bearing while I was idle in the driver's seat

I did just replace those. How did you tell that was it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Started the car and father in law told me...mechanic..then listened by the PCV and could here the rattle.

I would turn the car off and hear the rattle stopped at the PCV

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
It's not a rattle though. It sounds just like a bearing of some sort. I'll try to get a video of it tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
OK so I Think it may be my alternator. When using a stethoscope it has the same pitch near the bearings. I k ow this is the original so I'm sure It's getting close to It's demise. However even when blowing the throttle the sound will change but through the stethoscope is sounds about the same. It doesn't fluctuate in pitch. Doesn't this mean It's not the alternator? Because if It's not i have no earthly clue what it is.

sent from your girlfriend bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread