I need some insight from those with motorcycles

REPCobra10

Established Member
Hey, everyone. As you can see from the name of the thread, I need some insight and information from anyone and everybody about motorcycles. I need the good and the bad and the pros and cons of them. Okay, well, I've been riding my buddy's Honda CBR 600 F4i and my other buddy's Suzuki GSX-R 750 on-and-off for about 6-months now, so I have a little bit of experience with motorcycles. Anyways, I'm now in the market to get my own motorcycle but I'm really unsure of which brand to go with. I'm looking at the '08 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, the '08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 or 600, not sure yet, the '08 Honda CBR 600RR and the Yamaha YZF-R6. I'm just simply looking for any and all insight and information from anyone who has these bikes and has had experience with each of these bikes. As I said before, I need to know as much as I can, good and bad, about each of these bikes. I'm just looking for some help in my decision, as they all look and sound pretty damn good to me on paper. LOL! Hey, that's marketing for you. Alright, lets have at it guys!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Rules of thumb. .

If you want the most looks YAMAHA
If you want the most speed GSX-R
If you want the most Reliability and toughness HONDA
If you want to be a fairy get KAWASAKI (jk!)

In all reality they are all so close in performance that it really comes down to rider, personal preference . . .

Good luck

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Rules of thumb. .

If you want the most looks YAMAHA
If you want the most speed GSX-R
If you want the most Reliability and toughness HONDA
If you want to be a fairy get KAWASAKI (jk!)

In all reality they are all so close in performance that it really comes down to rider, personal preference . . .

If you want to be different get a Triumph 675!

Dusten

Established Member
The 675 Daytona should be thrown in there. The R6(new ones) are extremely peaky in power, and can be a bear to ride on the street. The Honda 600 has a shit for nothing seat, but is a great bike, especially for DD duties. The new ZX6 is a step down from the old ones, as it is now a true 600, and not the 636 of yore(yes i know, the ZX-6RR was a true 600).

Any of these bikes is going to be able to ridden well beyond your skill level for a very long time. I recommend sitting on each bike and seeing how they fit your body.

Get the right gear, a safety course, and be safe.

97cobra1

Established Member
I don't know how much help i'm gonna be, but i've got a 06 gsxr 600. I've ridden the new honda 600RR the new kawi 6 an 07 750 and the new yamaha r6 (by new i mean 07 models)

Honestly, like said before they're all so close in performance it's pretty much on styling preference. Until you get into mods bike for bike it's gonna be a riders race.

I know the brand new gixxer 6/750 are gonna have the suzuki map selection system on them and it is a revamp year so they'll be fine tuned slightly, but mostly cosmetically. I for one am not a fan of the new look on the gixxers.

If you get a 6 though, your'e gonna be missing lots and lots of torque, so take your hard earned cash, take a 20 out and order a -1 front sprocket no matter what you get. I did, and it made a world of difference, and for 20 bucks it's the best bang for the buck mod on a bike.

Reliability wise, the big 4 are all comparable as long as you keep up maintainance and don't ride around in 1-2 gear everywhere lol. If you go for the honda though, don't get the F4i. They're a turd and they have a banana seat which looks hideous. My friend had one before he got his new gixxer 600 and he swore that he wouldnt own anything slower than a 750 until i let him ride mine. The new middle weight bikes are monsters compared to anything.

Edit: Get the most comfortable bike for your body type. I can't stress that enough. Sit on them and if you can test ride them and see which one you feel most comfortable and relaxed on.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Here's what I'm working towards:
Daytona675_SE_features_main_1_2008.jpg

My buddy got one as his first bike and absolutely loves it! They're finally starting to get some recognition over the other 600s.

IMO unless you can keep it tame you should not be worrying about how fast the bike is, but if you think that won't be a problem choose whatever looks the best, is the most comfortable, and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread