I need Tires?? What size? Best Price?

gt40racing

Established Member
Okay my rims are 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. What is the best size tire to run for the staggered combo and what is the best price! Thanks in advance!

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I am on my second set of Toyo Proxes T1R .... 275/35/18 Front and 295/35/18 Rear on your rim sizes. I really like the tires and they are priced well. These tires are good bang for the buck, wear well and have decent traction.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Okay my rims are 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. What is the best size tire to run for the staggered combo and what is the best price! Thanks in advance!

Which one of your Mustangs will this be for? You have a nice collection going by the way :thumbsup:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Matt the tires are for my 2003 Cobra. 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the rear...

Good deal :thumbsup: The most popular tire combo for your application is 265/35-18's for the front and 295/35-18's for the rear. Like SoCalHarley said, you can also run 275/35-18's in the front. The 275/35-18 size will be just a hair taller (.25" taller). Given the rear size, there's not a large selection of tire models to choose from but there is certainly a wide range of performance options. You can run ultra high performance summer tires, max performance summer tires, or a competition tire (drag radial/rear) combined with a max performance/ultra high performance tire in the front. With that said, tell us a little about your driving. Is you Cobra a DD? How many miles do you drive per year? Is your car raced at the track (IE drag strip or road course)? Any key feature you want out of your new tires?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Matt I drive my cobra once or twice a week to work which is about 5 miles from my home. The car is purely for pleasure.

Thank you for the additional information.

It sounds like you will benifit more from an ultra high performance summer tire. I would recommend you check into the Nitto Invo. This model is available in both the front (265/275) sizes and the rear 295/35-18 size. This model has an asymmetrical nondirectional tread design so once the tires are mounted on the wheels, they can be rotated from side to side. Here's a couple links with more details...

Users who are viewing this thread