I Needthe Best Lightning Guru's for this 1

2003fordsvt

Established Member
ok just ported my blower and put a set of tr6's in and also did the egr delete and pcv mod do i need a tune to run it start up was fine threw a po 155 156 to lean and also a 171 thats probably the egr i think i need a tune but i need some input :shrug:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
What do you mean by pcv mod? You don't NEED a tune but it's a good idea. The EGR has to be turned off to prevent a CEL and the other codes may be a result of incorrectly installed vacuum lines or a loose intake connection.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Are you on the stock tune? If so then Yes you need a tune for all that stuff. These trucks are all electronic. Everythihng you mentoind is telling the computer that it's not getting readings, who knows what it's doing to compensate for that. A tune will turn it off, and the truck wont try to use it to change things like A/F ratio, Timeing, and other what nots. Turning it off with something like a Predator does not just stop it from throwing a code, it tells the truck not to worry about it at all.

Edit: PCV mod? Oil seperator or bypass? Un mettered air in teh block should be accounted for in a tune as well.

Last edited:

2003fordsvt

Established Member
fade i ment the driver side breather and oil sep i currently have the ricer air fuel gauge in it and its at the leanest it will go until i floor it also im only seeing about 10lbs of boost just made my own egr block off plate and in chiz's egr delete he has the boost acc pluged on the top and so do i im gonna go check the hoses quick

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
All depends on preverance. Most on here prefer the X cal, alot on here have the Predator, I love my Predator, alot of vareabls and paramiters you can fine tune to get what you want. Alos eaither of the tunners and be used to custom tune your vehical on a dyno. Check you local area to see what tunner your dyno shops use.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you are way lean you have a vacuum leak somewhere. SCT XCAL2 hands down.

The codes you posted don't really make sense. I'd reset the computer by disconnecting the battery and see how it does. The codes you posted are bank 2 O2 sensor 1 and 2 and then bank 1 too lean so that would be multiple problems.

You can look at the codes and their meanings here:

http://www.obdii.com/codes.html

I'D WIN

Established Member
I would love to help out but I can't even understand where his first sentence begins and where it ends let alone what he is trying to get across to us.

fade..nevermind!

Users who are viewing this thread