I ran a 600rwhp supra!

Wild Bill

Established Member
Tuesday night I was at home playing FFonline and Rey(702lightning) called me.He knows I've been wanting to run a single turbo supra for a while now.He said I might get my chance in about 20 min.This kid seems to know everyone with a fast car!Anyways about an hour later I met the guy,and he was real nice.I took him for a ride in the cobra and he was very impressed,he even said it seemed like I had more power than I really do(486rwp).He said he's not used to the instant boost.After I took him for a ride he said he honestly didnt know if he could beat me.Cobras leave a great sotp impression.Anyways long story short we had many runs,and although I didnt win any I thought the cobra did well considering a 114+rwhp disadvantage.On one run from a 5mph roll it took him till 140 to pass me.I was out bus lengths early,but he did pass me pretty hard in the end.Anything under 60mph was the cobra,but if he brake boosted at 60,I couldnt last long.Im pretty excited about doing some more mods and running him again.Im thinking at about 550rwhp he wouldnt be able to catch me untill I was already max speed.It was a lot of fun and we actually have the runs recorded.Now we just have to figure out how to post them.

DEADEYE

Banned
Cool. You'd murder him in the quarter. He caught you when you went into your overdrive gears. Fifth is 1 to 1 in the supra's.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Sweet runs Wild Bill. I got my ass handed to me by a black one a few months ago from a 45mph roll. I also pulled him from the start, but he quickly reeled me in and blew by me at around 90mph.

I was at Silver State motorsports watching a couple dyno about two weeks ago. One silver one was putting down over 800 rwhp, the other was around 600rwhp, and the owner of another one said his car was running 8's in the quarter at over 140mph.

jasil

Established Member
Yep, and just think that's just a 600rwhp one. What about the 700,800,900 rwhp that seem more and more common these days.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
Sweet runs Wild Bill. I got my ass handed to me by a black one a few months ago from a 45mph roll. I also pulled him from the start, but he quickly reeled me in and blew by me at around 90mph.

I was at Silver State motorsports watching a couple dyno about two weeks ago. One silver one was putting down over 800 rwhp, the other was around 600rwhp, and the owner of another one said his car was running 8's in the quarter at over 140mph.

I highlly highly highly doubt 8s in the 1/4 unless the car is tubbed/sprayed/etc etc and far from street legal.

Lagtime

Established Member
Originally posted by Black3KGT
I highlly highly highly doubt 8s in the 1/4 unless the car is tubbed/sprayed/etc etc and far from street legal.

It is likely This car which is not tubbed, not sprayed, runs a 15" drag radial and a GM TH400, stock IRS, full interior w/AC, stock body.

Other than the chute & the shop graphics it is a very low key car, my personal favorite set up for a drag raced Supra.

There's some fast cars in Vegas, of many different makes. :)

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
8 Second Street supra only trapping 140? Ahahahaa, yea right. If hes running 8's with full interior and AC hes trapping close to 160. Maybe 157ish

1Sl0wTBird

Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
and the owner of another one said his car was running 8's in the quarter at over 140mph.

That would be Dana's Supra, It is white and yes, he runs 8's, his last run he did was 8.66 @ 154mph last month at the strip.

1Sl0wTBird

Originally posted by Black3KGT

Would you like to see the video?

And yes, the car IS street legal.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Jman20427
8 Second Street supra only trapping 140? Ahahahaa, yea right. If hes running 8's with full interior and AC hes trapping close to 160. Maybe 157ish

Oops, my bad, the guy I was talking to was running 10's at over 140. Later that night he broke into the 9's. His car is bad-ass. It's a good looking silver one. I guess he'll have to change his liscense plate now (his "suggests" his car only runs 10's)

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Nice Death! Supras are deadly on top end. I wouldn't recommend running any on the highway or interstate, your just setting yourself up for a beating.

Lagtime

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
I couldn't click on "this car" you have to be a member

Darn, I forgot you have to be a member to view some of the forums. Sorry.

Anyways, it's a long thread with a video link about a Supra running an 8.89 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, his best ET up to the time of the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread