I really didn't need this to happen! Poor fender

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
attachment.php

I was in the garage working on the fuel cell, so I walked around the car to get a tool that I needed, so I walked over the front clip (it's sitting beside the car, sorta), anyway, I tripped on something and landed on the left fender (which was still attached to the front clip). I jumped up and looked, and the fender was bent, it chipped the paint where it bent, and the bottom of the fender got all scratched up
attachment.php
. I'll get some pictures in a few hours. How much do you think it'll cost to repaint the fender
attachment.php

:cryying:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
that's good to hear, I don't think it'll be hard to match as it was painted a production color (it used to be silver)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
and to make matters worse, I was removing the fuel lines and old fuel filter, and I spilt fuel all over my jacket, arm and face, and then later on, after the fender incident, I noticed my knee was hurting a little, and I looked and it has a big cut/scratch and it's bleeding!
Bad day

It'll all be worth it though when I crank the engine for the first time :burnout:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Stop running the engine with the garage doors closed, Jonathon. :) Seriously, straighten up your work area as much as possible. Good luck with the fender repairs.

juicedgt02

Established Member
and I spilt fuel all over my jacket, arm and face, and then later on, after the fender incident, I noticed my knee was hurting a little
I hope you didnt have a cigarette to come you down :nonono:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
and to make matters worse, I was removing the fuel lines and old fuel filter, and I spilt fuel all over my jacket, arm and face, and then later on, after the fender incident, I noticed my knee was hurting a little, and I looked and it has a big cut/scratch and it's bleeding!
Bad day
Dude whatever your doing please stay away from your c@ck!!

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I need to stop doing this kindof stuff, 'cause now I want to replace it w/ a fiberglass fender, then I'd have to replace the other one w/ a fiberglass fender :lol1:

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
I need to stop doing this kindof stuff, 'cause now I want to replace it w/ a fiberglass fender, then I'd have to replace the other one w/ a fiberglass fender :lol1:

Hahaha, sounds like me man, everytime something gets screwed up I find a way to improve upon it. haha:beer: :rockon:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
yeah, but I think this time I'll be able to restrain myself, as I have a long list of stuff to get done :)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Hey, isn't there a MFG that makes a fiberglass shell for the front end of the 80's/90's mustangs? I could have sworn I saw a single piece unit once, which included front fascia and front quarterpanels.:shrug:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
PlatinumCobra, stop giving me ideas :lol:

I've seen them for 60s Mustang, but I'm not sure on the 90s ones :)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
So, since the car has already been painted over once, shoudn't I sand down the fender to the metal, and then have them prime/paint it?

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I didn't see it anywher, were you talking about one of those "clips" that flips up, like on a Vette or something? :D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I didn't see it anywher, were you talking about one of those "clips" that flips up, like on a Vette or something? :D

I was referring to a single piece bumper cover and fender set, but alas, it is not on the site. I've seen a couple of classifieds on the web selling their fiberglass fenders. Maybe they don't even make these anymore. :shrug:

Here's a set of fenders a place in CA is selling:

http://members.boardhost.com/pscaracing/msg/18685.html

They are made by the same mfg but not listed on the site. :??:

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Hmmm, first time I have heard of Fiberglass fenders for the 5.0 that bolt up to the factory steel front clip. But I haven't been into the Mustang Racing crowd for a while. Looks like I might have to invest. Maybe. Thanx PlatinumCobra!

Users who are viewing this thread