I recieved Great News Today!

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
As of November 14th my 2003 Cobra has been serialized. But no build date set at this time.

About 5 minutes later after I called 1-800-962-3746, my dealer called as he promised and gives me a VIN #6740.

Original Order - 10/9-2002
Serialized - 11/15-2002
Build Date - Still unknown...but probably we will know next week!

I know this ain't much, but since 10-9-2002 and talking/chatting/posting with everyone all the time, I felt I needed to talk about it because everyone here is considered my new Mustang Family..If you know what I mean. :burnout:

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by SonterraSVT

I know this ain't much, but since 10-9-2002 and talking/chatting/posting with everyone all the time, I felt I needed to talk about it because everyone here is considered my new Mustang Family..If you know what I mean. :burnout:

Don't go getting all slobbery now.........

Congrats on your progress... I can imagine the wait is killing you.
I mean.. I had to "wait" all of about 7 days from the time I decided I wanted the car til I went and go it. That was still a painful amount of time.

lachj1

Established Member
did you order chrome wheels?

Wow, that was quick, did you order chrome wheels? I did and I have to wait somewhere around 9 months from the time I ordered

Cobra'03

Established Member
Sonterra - I hope u get it soon - for your sake, and ours. I keep expecting a CNN Breaking News segment covering your next proclamation: I got my ship date today or whatever.

Take a deep cleansing breath, and repeat "It is only a car...it is only a car". God knows what will happen here when you get it and have the first glitch.

I tend to be stoic on these things - I order it, and then forget about it until they call me to say pick it up - it makes for less sleepless nights. :beer:

Matt03

Established Member
I think the worst part for me was the last month I waited for my Cobra. The anticipation of that call just kills you after a while! Hope you get it soon!

Matt

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Jclifton, cancel the 64V chrome wheel option and your car will be built. I ordered back in the August and that is what I did to get my car to be built. Building the week of Nov 18........

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by JClifton
Your lucky... I ordered mine in june... still no vin.

-- Jaret

i ordered a sonic blue coupe from a dealership on july 11th and they received it oct 31st but i did not as i bought a torch red coupe from a different dealership that was built on june 6th and they recieved it june 21st.you should of had a vin# a long time ago.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by SonterraSVT
As of November 14th my 2003 Cobra has been serialized. But no build date set at this time.

About 5 minutes later after I called 1-800-962-3746, my dealer called as he promised and gives me a VIN #6740.

Original Order - 10/9-2002
Serialized - 11/15-2002
Build Date - Still unknown...but probably we will know next week!

kinda gives ya goose bumps knowing a beast is about to be born:beer:

SonterraSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Sonterra - I hope u get it soon - for your sake, and ours. I keep expecting a CNN Breaking News segment covering your next proclamation: I got my ship date today or whatever.

Take a deep cleansing breath, and repeat "It is only a car...it is only a car". God knows what will happen here when you get it and have the first glitch.

I tend to be stoic on these things - I order it, and then forget about it until they call me to say pick it up - it makes for less sleepless nights. :beer:

Hey, I been nothing but polite to you guys, I do not want to sound snobby or like a jerk. I am new to the Vehicle ordering scene, and to cobras in general. I am learning here, just give me time. This is the most expensive purchase I have made, so I am a little nervous. And when it comes to my money in other peoples hands who cannot give me answers, well I think anyone would be kinda wondering whats going on. For my sake, maybe, but for yours nah. I post on the forums to ask questions and support any body needing it.

When I get my first Glitch, oh well, your right its only a car. I just wanted to share the experience the same as everyone else has in the past on these forums when they get great news because I know many of you who get the same information I got will want to share the excitement.

Yea I did not get the chrome rims, one less thing to keep polished. But I heard they may be producing the Cobras with out them sending them to the dealership. After they are sold to the individual who purchased the vehicle with chrome, they can come back and swap for the Chrome rims. That was hearsay information I read Somewhere else.

Last edited:

SonterraSVT

Established Member
Cobra`03 don't take that post the wrong way, I just had a bad day at work. Had to deal with a Officer, (not me thank God), involved shooting and I been writting reports all night. Then 2 hours after I was suppose to be home I was flagged down by a driver who was just assaulted in another city and I had to call EMS..Another hour and a half with another report later then I was home finally,I am just tired. I read the post and vented, Sorry!

SonterraSVT

Established Member
That’s a good question, I should have instead of ordering one, lol. Hey, you had one being shipped, NICE! What color did you get?

The reason I did not buy off the lot, because I wanted Sonic Blue. All the dealerships I went to either had verts or Shadow Grey. Actually at the time Mineral Grey.

I found my dealership, they had some on order already. Sonic Blue was still available, they were going to give me the vehicle for MSRP. So I decided to stick with them, because they told me about 6 to 8 week wait. Hehe. So I gave them $500.00 to hold the vehicle when it came in. They advised, which I know now in not to be true, if i decided to buy the same car elsewhere, there were going to keep my $500.00. So I decided instead of starting a problem with the dealership I would just wait. They waiting is much easier then loosing 500.00 or having to hire a lawyer to get my 500.00 back, or have to talk to better business bureau, and some other agencies. LOL I have enough stress as it is. But what you did is the more sensible way of doing it. But Sonic Blue is really an awsome color, and thought maybe Ford will get thier production problems corrected during my wait.

Last edited:

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Hey Sonterra-

I've been following your posts regarding the wait for your Cobra..
Hang in there man !!! I know the wait is probably killing you, but once you get it you'll realize it was worth it !!!!
I had sleepless nights waiting on mine and it wasn't even half as long as yours !!!

Cobra'03

Established Member
Hey guy, I am cool, did not feel flamed at all - just wearing your heart on your sleeve can cause you some heartache - wanted to give some perspective on that - post what you want, but the forum pages sure do fill up fast and my aged, arthritic fingers get tired hitting the down key. ;-)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
That's GREAT news Sonterra!:rolling:
Keep me posted...can't wait to get the cars together for a photo shoot!

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Congrats! I was wondering if you get special insurance rates for being a police officer. You know because you have had training for high speed chases and stuff. If not, you should see if you can.

Cobra'03

Established Member
They rate based on accident history - I once asked about getting a perk because I took the Bondurant School of Hi Po Driving and they just looked at me. The only driver training that seems to count with them is that idiotic stuff you get in high school.

I would think one would want to keep a very low profile with an auto insurer - police officers have enough risk exposure as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread