I should have picked the Procharger

raiders03

Banned
KB sucks. Sick of bitching about all my belt slip problems. I have tried different pulley set ups, belts, non slip pullies and still have belt slip. Bigger lower and 3.25 upper(non slip) still belt slip. Why the f*ck would they sell their product when this shit is happening. They have been no help at all. Is it possible my sc is defective? One day I see 22 psi the next day, today, i see 16 psi and the car is noticable slower. ANYWAYS, i WANT TO SAY A BIG F*CK YOU TO KENNIE BELL for their shitty customer service and defective product. Why don't they say you need a 10 rib pulley set up with our product. They pretend they have never heard of any belt slip problems. Buyers beware if you plan on going with the 19psi+ setup you might also have tons of belt slip issues.

jasil

Established Member
Your definately in a minority for KB owners with belt slip. Have you brought it to a shop with a good bit of KB experience?

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with KB, that sucks! Looks like you may need to throw a little more money at it and get the Metco 10rib setup.. not a nice thought but to salvage your investment it may be the way to go.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Have you tried using the BF idler pullies (100mm)? I think they would really help out your problem. Those with a RR pulley and the right belt I dont think you would have any belt slip. Have you tried both Gates and Gatorback belts?

Just out of curiosity, who is doing the tuning on your car? 22psi is alot when we have the 91 octane. Any power numbers?

nj7703

Established Member
I've seen the just the opposite 1st hand with the Procharger, and it's endless belt slip. I really hope you get it fixed, and get a car ytou are happy with. NOTHING worse than spending $$ and not be where you should be. Good luck man.

Terminator03

banned
22 psi??? are you serious? thats gotta be way over 700 hp. I think belt slip around that psi is inevitable, with any supercharger. While your bashing a great manufacturer, you have alot of other people dreaming that their only problem was having over 700 hp, or maybe 600 when slipping. Doesn't sound like the end of the world to me.

stangfreak

Established Member
procharger is going to have the same problem. all superchargers do. go turbo if belt slippage is bothering you that much.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
no im pretty sure 22psi on a kb isnt over 700hp i think its around 600

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Eaton - you realize that the procharger runs on a 6rib belt? And I also assume that you saw the threads from the procharger guys complaining of belt slip once they get around 18psi or more. But I believe the procharger guys are getting that straightened out.

Its a supercharger, the more boost you run, the smaller the pulley, the more the belt could slip. But you should be able to hold over 19psi to redline so something is not right with your set up. But since you just bashed KB really bad, good luck getting any help from them.

Nice job on burning your bridges :thumbsup:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Comes with the territory when playing with the big boys no matter what blower is on there. Good luck.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I hope you don't think the procharger is slip free at that pressure especially when they drive it off of the rinky dink accessory belt.

15psi is 560rwhp. Add 15rwhp for each additional psi so you should be around 660-670rwhp with a *safe* tune.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Did anyone every try that COG system? That would solve all the belt slip problems.

badstang

Established Member
Sorry to hear your problems with your KB, but I am very surprised to hear of your customer service problems. My friend just bolted a KB on his 2001 GT, and had nothing but great things to say about the customer service at KB. He had some detonation issues at first, and after giving KB a call, they took really good care of him in a quick fassion. Best of luck.

-Mike

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
John, why are you so mean on the net?hehehe
lol, I hope I didnt sound mean, I wasn't trying to be :shrug: :beer: (oh, you can't count the JR thread, I had to be a little mean on that one :lol1: )

I was just trying to let eaton know that he has a great blower, I really think something is wrong with his set up. Just look at all the other people with the KB. How could strictly performance do half of what they have done if the KB could only hold 16psi? Something is not right with eaton's set up.

Users who are viewing this thread