I should put the bigger pills in next time on my z06 :]

50_Dave

Established Member
dyno.jpg

Nice conditions in the shop. Bottle pressure was 850-900. This was on a 125 shot.

Its killing me to look at my brand new 402 sitting in my garage in a crate with a twin turbo kit in a box right next to it. I cant wait to get the motor fixed in my cobra!

PRAY

Established Member
It looks like you should work a little more on your NA tune first. AFR headed LSX engines like it a little leaner than 13.00afr. Then put the 150 pills in and let her eat. There is probably another 10rw or more in the tune. Is your X3 on a 112 or 114? It responded pretty well to the bottle. Which kit are you running? The car is going to to be a monster for sure. Good luck.

Last edited:

50_Dave

Established Member
It looks like you should work a little more on your NA tune first. AFR headed LSX engines like it a little leaner than 13.00afr. Then put the 150 pills in and let her eat. There is probably another 10rw or more in the tune. Is your X3 on a 112 or 114? It responded pretty well to the bottle. Which kit are you running? The car is going to to be a monster for sure. Good luck.

I appreciate the input. However, we tried that already and it made the exact same power with a 14.1 as it did with the sub 13.0 tune. Running it it richer made it nice and rich on spray which is what made me happy. Im not greedy. I can break the 470 mark (and have) just by adding air to the tires but that is cheating. I am sure if i had the 59cc heads rather then the 66cc heads and a ported fast 90 then i could come close to your n/a numbers.

The cam is on a 112 lsa. The kit is an NOS kit with an NX fogger.

Last edited:

PRAY

Established Member
I didn't see your post on CF before I posted here. If I had, I would have figured you did every thing you could with the tune. Yes, some milling would help you out and a ported 90/90 but you are making great power as it is. Just from my experience the AFR headed cars I have tuned liked around 13.2-5 afr at peak power. Every car is different. Richer is always better if you can make the same power.

I will have to try the airing up the tires trick the next time I am on the dyno. I will see if I can "inflate" my numbers. Ha, ha. I had no idea that would make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread