I spotted a sonic blue 05

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Yesterday on the way home from work I spotted a 2005 mustang on I-96 going east towards 696. I was headed west towards the local "farming college" here in michigan for the weekend. It was covered in the usual black and white camoflage that we have all seen in the "spy pics".

Then when I turned around to look at it, I could see the back bumper between the tail lights and the spoiler. It was painted sonic blue! It looked sweet, and if they end up making the car in sonic blue, it's gonna be awesome.

After thinking about it, I think they stopped making sonic blue in 04 to save it for the 05's to maybe boost the sales of the new 05's. I kind of wanted sonic blue to stop with the 03's, to make mine more rare, but it looked good on the 05.

Pulsar

Established Member
Many components (including the paint) on development cars are current production for cost and other reasons. Don't take any colors you see on development cars for granted - they may have no relation to the actual production car.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
2005 Mustang Ordering Guide

Yep, for sure! I see Sonic Blue right there. Available with the Pearl Gold or White stripes.

:rockon:

Good find.

They have mineral grey and satin silver listed as a new for '05 color instead of a carry over color like sonic blue is.

Other new colors are:
performance white clearcoat
legend lime clearcoat metallic
windveil blue clearcoat metallic

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
That's because right now there is no mineral grey or satin silver. The '04's are not available in either of those.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
That's because right now there is no mineral grey or satin silver. The '04's are not available in either of those.

No sonic blue for '04 either, right?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
OOOOhhh. I see your point. There is Sonic Blue available on the GT right now....and this is dealing with the GT Mustang.

krillind8z

Established Member
Sonic blue was offered on the 04 V6 and GTs only (look at my sig) :) , only the cobra's weren't available in Sonic Blue.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
SonicBlueGT-2.jpg

SonicBlueGT.jpg

djt81185

Established Member
they are very nice on the inside...definately a step up. also lke everyday a tanish green and a black gt go up 23 N in michigan around 430...ive seen them like 4 times now

Tru_Ice

Banned
Originally posted by djt81185
they are very nice on the inside...definately a step up. also lke everyday a tanish green and a black gt go up 23 N in michigan around 430...ive seen them like 4 times now

23 or 24??? Very nice inside, and comfortable.;-)

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
the e-brake is the ugliest thing i have ever seen in my LIFE! GOD DAMN ITS UGLY!!!!!!! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?! other then that its look pretty koo. I wanna dirve it see if its any better then stangs of 2day.

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by Kwik_Cobra
the e-brake is the ugliest thing i have ever seen in my LIFE! GOD DAMN ITS UGLY!!!!!!! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?! other then that its look pretty koo. I wanna dirve it see if its any better then stangs of 2day.

I agree on the e-brake!

I hope they've got the ergonomics right for this model. Can't even get a telescoping steering column on a car that costs this much?

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by Kwik_Cobra

I agree on the e-brake!

I hope they've got the ergonomics right for this model. Can't even get a telescoping steering column?

Users who are viewing this thread