I Think I Have The Tick!!!!!

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
Rod Knocking

i am not sure..but my car is making a horrible noise from the passenger side head! the car has 31k mi on it and it just started...WTF i did not hink i have heard this happening this late...the car runs good..no problems...i am going to take it in on monday...demodding this weekend....

UPDATE...motor is out..they say its a rod or wrist pin...

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The tick issue effects the drivers side head only. You have something else wrong.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, and you would have had symptoms before 31k. Explain the sound you are hearing in more detail,

Jeff.

JSHTROD

Established Member
ChicagoMike said:
The tick issue effects the drivers side head only. You have something else wrong.

I have a similar 'ticking' noise. Some have told me it's my bassani header leaking... It's similar in sound to when the AC compresser comes on, making a "click" noise. Only, it's more rapid...

Car runs great, burns no oil, and shows no abnormal signs of damage.

:poke:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Quote: "i am not sure..but my car is making a horrible noise from the passenger side head! the car has 31k mi on it and it just started...WTF i did not hink i have heard this happening this late...the car runs good..no problems...i am going to take it in on monday...demodding this weekend....
Borla Stinger

N.O.S dry shot.. <-------------------------- :rolleyes:
best 11.7 spraying from 3rd on!

Could be internal engine wear from the 2.8 and nitrous, something getting ready to go ka-boom.

Last edited:

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
yea that is what i was thinking..car is back to stock...going to shop monday! it still runs great... the noise is a ticking(sounds like a lifter noise) it changes with rpm...and is loud enough that you can hear it clearly outside the car with the hood closed......when i dynoed the car it was at 11.5 af across the board... i might of got some bad gas or something...im not sure.. ill keep everyone updated...we will see if it is a new motor!

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
they pulled the engine and trans yesterday... they said it is a wristpin or rod knocking.. ford has an engineer coming to look at it today...we will see what happens... hope they hurry it has been over a week!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Good luck man but you had that thing modded pretty good! I assume you took it to the track a lot?

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
I have the tick but have the blue stripped head on the driver side, The car came with a Bassini X pipe with cats and cat back, sounds like a header leak on the drivers side and yes, I checked all the bolts and they are tight....

JSHTROD

Established Member
gregs 03 cobra said:
I have the tick but have the blue stripped head on the driver side, The car came with a Bassini X pipe with cats and cat back, sounds like a header leak on the drivers side and yes, I checked all the bolts and they are tight....

Is yours a contant ticking? Or does the ticking intermittant during constand idle rpm?

:poke:

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
When the car is idleing and you are on the drivers side I can hear it, never had someone rev it with me listenening to it, might try that!

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
my car had a constant ticking IT IS NOT THE TICK ...they will let me know tommorow what they are going to do :(

psucobra

Established Member
I have a tick coming from the passenger side head. Started after the first oil change. Im not sure what it could be since it intermitent and it doesnt do it when its cold. Only happens when the car is hot. It will tick then stop, tick a few more times stop and so on. Car only has 2,400 miles on it. Anybody else have this problem or any Ideas of what it might be? Im thinking it might go away completely when i finally switch over to synthetic 5w/30 at 5K since it doesnt do when the oil is warm and heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread