I think I met the youngest L owner.

Justin Blackwell

Established Member
I am from a small town in East Texas. Two weeks ago I heard that there was a kid with a silver 01' that lived near me. A few days later we ran by each other late one night and we both turned around. To make a long story short, he is 15 years old. He doesn't even have his drivers license. The paper tag even had his name on it. How 'bout that! But I can't say much because I was 20 when I bought my L.

White 00' #388-4966
JL equipped

foreverford

Established Member
Maybe it was his daddies truck, and his fathers name is the same as his, and he was in for a joy ride. EX: (Jim Bob, and Jim Bob Jr.) I think its a law that you cant sell a car to a person under 16.

lightningfastsvt

Established Member
I was only 19 when I bought my Lightning. (20 now). I have a 71 Plymouth duster 340 Drag Car and a 94 Acura NSX (Sorry ass rice burner-just for looks). I earned the money my self with no hand me downs.

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
22 years old when I bought my L, I am still 22(23 in Sept.). I also own a '69 Plymouth Roadrunner Convertible and a '66 Dodge Charger. I have a joint title with my father. We are big car buffs. Trust me, I eat a lot of Ramen Noodles:rolleyes: I am thinking about selling the charger and I might be able to buy two more Ls!!!

01BLKBOLT

Established Member
Justin-I think I met you a few weeks ago @ Hallsville raceway.
I was driving the black 01 Lightning. Although Im older than everyone in this thread(34), Im just now able to afford a L. Afterall I have kids,a wife,house, and all that kinda good stuff to pay for as well. Thats where 13 yrs. of marriage gets ya!
Man, my wife was pissed cause I took the L to the track!! Oh well, I just had to see what it would do before I started moddin' it. Whats the quickest time you ran that night? Yours sure was runnin' good!

2FST4U-My dad also "had" a 69 roadrunner! I love those cars!!
In fact I have the roadrunner emblem off the trunk lid of a 69 roadrunner on my 01's tailgate! I was surprised you can still order those things! There is a guy here in town that collects old mopars and has a 69 roadrunner,convertable, with the 426 hemi, all factory original!!!! I think he said it was one of only like 22 made!!:eek: Can you imagine what that car is worth?!!! Its that copper color with a white top.

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
01blkbolt,

I know what you mean. Ours(as in me and my dad) is in excellent condition!!! We got it appraised last month for $31,250. I was expecting like $12,000 or something lower. Our '66 charger was #3 off the production line in '66 and has all original equipment down to the dealer checklist in the trunk. That car got appraised for $24,450. That car belonged to my great aunt who bought it brand new in '66 and kept in the garage for 30 years. It only has 24,000 original miles. That is why I said I could probably but 2 Ls if we sold it to someone who REALLY wanted it.

Sorry guys for the MOPAR talk. Got a little carrried away!!!

DR.D

Established Member
Older

01BLKBOLT
I posted ONLY to end your reign as oldest on this thread. I'm 49 as of July. Have an 01 L, had a 93 L, 91 5.0 LX H/B, 78 Z-28 (dog) 71 340 Demon, 69 340 Dart GT, Royce Union English Racer, Radio Wagon, Bulldog Tank

01BLKBOLT

Established Member
Dr. D - LOL! I dont feel so bad now. Your more than welcome to take over the reign! Man, I would have killed to have a truck like this @ 17-20 yrs. old! I drove a 1976 nova for 11 yrs! It was a dog,wife hated it, and I dont think it would pull the front license plate off this ford! Oh well, times have gotten much better.
Glad to see Im not the oldest L owner anymore.:shocked:

C-ya old man!! LOL!!

DR.D

Established Member
clarity

I didn't put the lame cars in the list, 67 6cyl 4dr belair, 71 VW, 76 Honda Civic, 77 Pontiac Lemans, 78 302 T-bird, 86 f150 300-6, even a 96 Dodge Ovarian Van (Caravan). So I haven't always been so lucky. This 01 L is the best ever, tho'.

DR.D

Established Member
You're as old as you feel. I'm 49 and just starting to sprout massive amounts of gray. Hair is too long. Play R&R music on an old beatup Strat. And I STILL love women with killer legs. Oct 6 one of the guys in the radiaation safety dept has rented Maryland International raceway, in MD, of course and that's when Ill get this L brken in but good. BTW, I'm taking it back to the dealer for some B/S warrantee work. What are they supposed to do with SVT vehicles -anything special? Wash , wax, burp, fondle.

Users who are viewing this thread