I THINK my cobra may have the tick...

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
well it's not loud but i hear this ticking noise coming from the blower, since it's not too loud it could very well BE the blower rigth? well anyways, i'm bringing my cobra to ford on monday and should i have them check this out? or am i worrying too much?

Last edited:

Hye

Established Member
could be the fuel injectors?? those are pretty close to the blower...

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I heard the tick, believe me you would know what it sounds like. It is one of the worst sounds from the engine I have ever heard.

fr03cobra

Established Member
you better have a mod friendly dealer with that 2.76. The service guy could be a real dick. What is your build date?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
oh ok it's probably the injectors then, it's really not loud at all thanks guys.

fr03cobra said:
you better have a mod friendly dealer with that 2.76. The service guy could be a real dick. What is your build date?
haha yea man i'm actually taking that 2.76 blower pulley off right now i'm a little stuck on whether to leave the pulley on the hub to remove the hub.

Big_Torch

Banned
I was freaking out with mine a few months ago also, alas, it was just the injectors. Trust me, after a heard the video of a car with the tick, it is not easy to forget. If you have the tick, you will hear it!

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
oh ok it's probably the injectors then, it's really not loud at all thanks guys.

haha yea man i'm actually taking that 2.76 blower pulley off right now i'm a little stuck on whether to leave the pulley on the hub to remove the hub.

Take the pulley off the hub first and then press the hub off. Otherwise you can damage the pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread