I think my lmited-slip is shot?!

J15BIG

Established Member
I had a shop install my subframes a while ago and figured I would have them put on the BF Diff brace while they were under the car. So now, months later, I have the car up in the air to replace my front lip and I notice fluid right below the diff. Well after some investigating, most of the bolts on my diff cover are hand tight at best. So I tighten up all the bolts and filled up the diff with gear oil. Im not sure exactly how much I put in, but it was a signifigant amount.

Recently I have been noticing that when I try to powerslide around a corner, the inside wheel is the only one that seems to be spinning. I did a straight line burnout, and both wheels spun, but around corners Im pretty sure only the inside wheel(the one with less force on it) is loosing traction? Is my fluis low again or should I start shopping for a new diff?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Most fluid already contains friction modifier. You don't need it twice.

True. Depends on what brand he put in there.

What brand did you put in there?

J15BIG

Established Member
ok, so what do I do now?

I did some searching and found that the best replacement is the Torsen T2R? Is that right? I run open track events maybe 2 times a year, do I need a cooler? Can I install this myself or do I need to dish out some cash for a mechanic to do it? Is there anything else I need besides just the new diff and new seals?

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
T2R is best, Tru-track(sp) probably second best for O/T. Do you need cooling? Depends if you want to gamble - the T2R is not cheap, nor is the labor for setup. Adding a cooler ~= cost of new diff.

You know the old sayings: "you get what you pay for" and "if you want to play you got to pay".

Good luck - it was an agonizing decision for me.

Users who are viewing this thread