I think someone wants my truck.

97SVT#777

Established Member
While getting into my truck tonight at school about to head home a black guy comes up to me and says that there was a white guy video taping my truck just a few hours earlier. The black guy that told me this was parked behind and to the left of me in his car. He said some white dude in an older prelude drove up to my truck and without getting out of his car, started video taping the outside of my truck. He then went and parked behind my truck for a few minutes, and finally circled around my vehicle two times slowly while taping my truck. He then drove away. He couldn't see the black guy in his car because of his window tint. I do park out in the open to eliminate door dings. The black guy said he would see this stuff go on all the time in Miami before a vehicle was stolen. I'm scared as hell now. What do you guys think? What should I do?

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Hopefully you have something else to drive to school. If not, get a backpack, go to a pet store and buy the biggest, baddest, meanest looking snake you can find, stuff him in the backpack and leave him on the front passenger seat. And get a LoJack system so you can find where the thief jumps out the truck at.....But like the other guy said, be careful.

BoostGhost

Established Member
If it were me...I'd take it back to that spot... hide and wait for that scumbag to come back. One less car thief off the street. If not, you are going to be worrying every time you park it and that's not cool. Of course, this is only if you have the time to wait and watch. If you have class... well, don't take the truck, that's for sure.

Jarbolt01

01 Whiner
Established Member
I had this happened to me the other day to but it wasnt the first time. However I can keep an eye on my truck from my window at work. Just be cautious and maybe change your routine up for awhile.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Step 1: Buy 12 gauge shotgun and 00 Buck Shot
Step 2: Drive to same spot as today
Step 3: Find good spot to hide and wait with shotgun/shells
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

torrence

TwinScrewed CHAMP!
Established Member
He can make a good story up, and say he was getting car jacked and defended himself and shot the robber. I have a gun under my seat all day waiting I live in Newark N.J.

That's exactly why I don't keep my car where I live.... I keep it in a garage on LI and I live in Newark as well, but not for long......

ATOLightning

Established Member
I see you are in Huntsville. I haven't seen any guys on here from Huntsville...with L's anyway. What school are you referring to, UAH? I lived there for a few years while in college and had my car broken into a couple of times. The cops over there don't do anything. They even have cameras in the parking lots, but they always told me the footage was out of focus or som BS. I got mad and asked them why my student fees were paying for cameras that didn't work. I don't that helped my case, but I was pissed. It had been the second time my car was broken into.

I know it's hard to think about parking a nice car/truck close where it may get dinged, but on campus there, I wouldn't have it any other way. The campus police are just pretty lame and don't protect anyone. HPD isn't bad, it's just the campus guys.

Boston Blackie

Established Member
He's probably taping it so he can show his potential customers what he's selling them. Have the black guy get the number plate/tag number next time. I'd get a .45 myself. They're easier to carry/conceal. I've got a nice Colt Combat Commander myself.

chip moore

Established Member
Man where in Huntsville are you. I am coming to UAH WED to move my girlfriend out of school. If you need help Just say the word!!!

NSSVT

Established Member
if i were you i would notify the cops with the info you got on the suspicious guy in the white prelude. i would also ask the gentleman who informed you of this for his name and if he could notify the local pd as well. it could help in the future in case something bad happens,(which i hope it doesnt). or like the other guys said put it back there and wait patiently until the dirty bast$#@ comes back and give him a whoopin then ask questions.

97SVT#777

Established Member
This is over at Calhoun's Huntsville Campus off of Wynn Dr. (next to the ghetto). I used to park out in the open because a cop would park just a hundred yards away in the lot and would see anything happening around my truck. I haven't seen him park over there in a while though. I've decided that for the last couple days of school I'm going to trade cars with the wife. She can park the Lightning in a gated garage with all of the Doctor's rides. I'm about to put it up for sale so I guess I just won't take it to school anymore. I do carry so I'm not worried about my life, just my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread