I think someone wants my truck.

97SVT#777

Established Member
While getting into my truck tonight at school about to head home a black guy comes up to me and says that there was a white guy video taping my truck just a few hours earlier. The black guy that told me this was parked behind and to the left of me in his car. He said some white dude in an older prelude drove up to my truck and without getting out of his car, started video taping the outside of my truck. He then went and parked behind my truck for a few minutes, and finally circled around my vehicle two times slowly while taping my truck. He then drove away. He couldn't see the black guy in his car because of his window tint. I do park out in the open to eliminate door dings. The black guy said he would see this stuff go on all the time in Miami before a vehicle was stolen. I'm scared as hell now. What do you guys think? What should I do?

Krwy

Established Member
Pull the fuel pump fuse and relay? That way it won't start at least. I did that on my L all the time. Maybe drive something else and let the heat die down a bit on it. Let campus police know of the situation and they might keep an eye out for any suspicous behavior.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Um stake out? Wait for the Prelude to pull up and call him out on it. And pull a fuse on your truck too. I'm no LEO but I'd be on the lookout and really watching my truck if I were you. It's a shame that you have to be this paranoid in this country, but unfortunately it's true. Get a club or any kind of theft deterrent. I would always pull a fuse or something. If I ABSOLUTELY had to leave my car somewhere, I'd be pulling the plug wires up a bit so that you wouldn't know there disconneced and pulling the fuel pump or starter fuse.

IDK what to tell ya man, be careful and get some theft insurance on your truck. Oh yeah and like said above alert campus police.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Pull the fuel pump fuse and relay? That way it won't start at least. I did that on my L all the time. Maybe drive something else and let the heat die down a bit on it. Let campus police know of the situation and they might keep an eye out for any suspicous behavior.

I'm going to agree with you on that one. Consider wiring in a fuel pump cutoff with a very very small toggle switch somewhere no one would think to look.

I firmly believe that more often than not car theft is premeditated and it may not be someone you know directly but they know of you. Whether they've seen your car or truck at a show, on the street, so on so forth. I rarely mention that I have any work at all done to my car when a stranger asks about it and I always tell people I have a Lo-Jack installed even though I do not.

STG

Banned
Why in the hell would a thief video an '02 Lighting in broad daylight in front of a witness? He could have stolen it four times in the time it took to complete his little video.

03_SVT

Established Member
maybe he is just a fan f the car and wishes he had one? I know I have done that to terminator's before but just a picture of coarse. just take out the relay and you should be fine! unless he lurks on this forum, he wont know what the problem is....

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Why was it important to indicate the race of the individuals?

lol, I was waiting for someone to start with the 'race' ordeal

theres lots of details in there that weren't exactly 'needed' to receive the correct advise...he isn't being racist

and to the OP, I would have the same advice as everyone else..just make sure you pull something or have a cutoff switch

also..idk if this would work or not..but when you park your truck, always have the wheels turned....that way if by chance they're REALLY good thefts and have some sort of towing capacitiy...they can't tow your truck, considering your truck would just want to keep turning [even though if they REALLLY wanted to take it, they could probably find a way around it]

best of luck, and alert the authorities

LaFlavor

Established Member
It is getting repossessed.

Actually, last I heard, this was a popular way to steal cars now. They just get a flatbed truck, label it "Repo Man," pull your car up and drive off. If that's the case, pulling a fuel relay or fuse won't really help.

How much does a Lojack go for these days?

CBrowning84

Established Member

Maybe he wasn't pointing out the race, mearly describing them? :bored: What if he had said a dude with a purple shirt came up to him and said something about another dude in a yellow shirt? How's that any different?:shrug:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member

I find this comment amusing, if you are a LEO. When you ask for the discription of a suspect, wouldn't you like to know their ethnicity? I think that would be valuable information to have. Would you say to a victim, "why did you mention there race?" I sure hope not.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I find this comment amusing, if you are a LEO. When you ask for the discription of a suspect, wouldn't you like to know their ethnicity? I think that would be valuable information to have. Would you say to a victim, "why did you mention there race?" I sure hope not.

However, he isnt giving a police report and their race is of no consequence here. If both guys were white would he have said "this one white guy saw this other white guy?" Not likely. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread