I think the tranny is history

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Yesterday, at the track I threw the triax shifter from 3rd down to 4th and hit 2nd.
I thought dam how the he!! I do that. This morning at the track with what happened the day before I pulled carefully straight back and bam, hit 2nd again.
WTF how is this happening? I've made many runs before and this never happened. I don't power shift it, I kind of granny shift it... I don't come completely off the gas but I push the clutch all the way in.
Now the tranny makes noise in first and second and sometimes won't go into second.
Do you think it's the TOB? Does it look like I am in for paying for a whole new tranny?
I know you play you pay... but so soon? I was just getting started.
I guess I should think I am lucky to have not blown the engine when it dropped into 2nd at that mph at the track.
JE:(

Last edited:

ak_cobra

Established Member
with your mods it looksl ike you won't be getting anything from the dealer.... depending of course on how good they are to deal with in the mod area. how many miles are on your car?

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by ak_cobra
with your mods it looksl ike you won't be getting anything from the dealer.... depending of course on how good they are to deal with in the mod area. how many miles are on your car?

They are good about mods but I don't think I could hope this to be covered.
I have about 9500 miles on it.
JE

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Please no flames on working the system, but
JaggedEdge, I had a non-SVT dealer replace my tranny and rear end diff. 2 times with heavy mods on my last Cobra. I would seriously try to hit up a non-svt dealer, they seem to not be to keen on how people mod these cars. Of course I would take the Tri Ax off at a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread