I thought it was a scam

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I got home last night and there was a small box waiting by my door. It was addressed to me at the address of my current residence. It is odd because I use my P.O. Box for most things I order.

I opened the box and to my surprise it was a very familiar light blue box with a white ribbon. I have purchased from this company before as gifts for other people but never for myself. I looked all around the package and it was addressed to me but there was no invoice and there was no card.

So, I called the company this morning and found out that it was not a scam. It was a gift for me.

Last month I purchased a new DD from Infiniti and they sent me a beautiful Tiffany Pen as a gift. What a surprise.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Very cool.
From Infiniti or from the specific dealer?
If from the dealer they'd deff. get repeat business.

truefiveo

Established Member
Hey Adam how do you go about having stuff delivered to PO Boxes??
I have the worst of luck with finding places that will deliver to them.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
whoa, thats pretty cool. I know all too well about Tiffany jewelry

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^ me too...funny how i have nothing from tiffanys though

now my wife on the other hand...

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Make sure Travis knows about this...

*cough* 3 year renewals *cough*

mustangmanjeff

Established Member

since i work in the shipping industry and worked for ups for past 6 years and dealt with regular mail, simple po box = post office box p.O STANDS FOR...

P.0= Post office only.

So go down to your local usps post office and they will ship your stuff to a "po box" lol :beer::poke:

ups,fedex,dhl etc only ship to physical street address.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Cool, I guess. But I'd rather have a coffee mug I'd use more often and have the cost of a $150 pen go to the car payment

Sweet man, you can never go wrong with anything from Tiffany's, especially if it's for a woman, they melt.

Not my wife, now if it were performance parts for her cars, I could see that

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That's pretty neat.

On the same note, BMW recently sent my brother a very nice carbon-fiber style pen as a gift for two years of owernship. I thought that was a little odd.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

It all depends on who you are ordering from. I also have an oversized P.O. Box in a very small "contract unit" post office and that makes it easier. Sometimes I just give the address of the post office and the P.O. Box number as a "suite" number. Sometimes I have to have it come to the house or to the office.

Very cool.
From Infiniti or from the specific dealer?
If from the dealer they'd deff. get repeat business.

It appears to be from Infiniti itself. There was no card, but when I called Tiffany they said if was from Infiniti Motor Corp.

txyaloo

Established Member
since i work in the shipping industry and worked for ups for past 6 years and dealt with regular mail, simple po box = post office box p.O STANDS FOR...

P.0= Post office only.

So go down to your local usps post office and they will ship your stuff to a "po box" lol :beer::poke:

ups,fedex,dhl etc only ship to physical street address.

Fedex will deliver to PO boxes. They have a system in place that hands the packages off to USPS at a certain stage in the process.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
should've call for backup before you attempted to walk in your house. could've been a setup lol

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Fedex will deliver to PO boxes. They have a system in place that hands the packages off to USPS at a certain stage in the process.

all that is is independent contracting ask me how i kno>? ups does the same thing but for standard delivery by the book the whole point of a po box po box stands for post office box = post office only, and if they want to be real dicks like another guy stated above they can sometimes only allow what fits in the box, esp if you got some hitler nazi parcel posti man that wants to go by the book, or you can lie and say ur po box # is a "suite" or box or apt #,but dont tell the man @ the counter that he wont accept the package for delivery.

and yeah that system is new they are trying to work together now which is smart, places usps cant deliver to for international they hand off toe fedex,and if its a po box ups or fedex cant handle they hand it off to the post office.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
all that is is independent contracting ask me how i kno>? ups does the same thing but for standard delivery by the book the whole point of a po box po box stands for post office box = post office only, and if they want to be real dicks like another guy stated above they can sometimes only allow what fits in the box, esp if you got some hitler nazi parcel posti man that wants to go by the book, or you can lie and say ur po box # is a "suite" or box or apt #,but dont tell the man @ the counter that he wont accept the package for delivery.

and yeah that system is new they are trying to work together now which is smart, places usps cant deliver to for international they hand off toe fedex,and if its a po box ups or fedex cant handle they hand it off to the post office.

I don't need to ask you anything. It's not independent contracting. Fedex has been doing Smartpost for quite a few years.

FedEx SmartPost - SmartPost - SmartPost Shipping

You obviously don't know what you're talking about with regards to other carriers or the USPS.

Users who are viewing this thread