I thought Jaws was fiction!?

WizardsCobra said:
Wow that shark is huge. I don't know if I want to go in the water anymore.

hahaha, I see jackasses go fishing down here in Grande Isle off the beach and leave the fish they catch right next to them and almost always get nipped by a bullshark or sandshark!

Everyone claims there arent any sharks on that beach. I hate to prove them wrong with a picture I have of a 4 foot bullshark I caught on low tide in-between 2 sand bars with my hands! :rockon:

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
damn... that's huge! I'm backing up 2004SVTLightning, lots of shark attacks on the Gulf Coast, especially over towards Florida (i.e. Destin & Panama City). There was pretty much a 2 day cycle of people getting limbs torn off by bullsharks, etc... I've lived on the gulf my entire life, sharks make me cautious more and more everyday!!!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
That's amazing. I think sharks are cool. Anybody else watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel?

I have, Its ok.......and again I say, put fish blood in the water and watch your ass, I can almost promise an encounter with either a bullshark or sandshark.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I fear sharks. I won't even swim in lakes and rivers. I'm a ****ing pussy when it comes to water, and I can swim pretty damn well. The few times I've went jetskiing on the ocean, if I fell off, I swear to god I bounced off the water and came back down on the jet ski.

darkcrayz

Established Member
Methos said:
I fear sharks. I won't even swim in lakes and rivers. I'm a ****ing pussy when it comes to water, and I can swim pretty damn well. The few times I've went jetskiing on the ocean, if I fell off, I swear to god I bounced off the water and came back down on the jet ski.

when i was younger and junior life guards, we would always swim around the pier, i would make sure to stay in the middle of the pack just incase.

i no longer go in the water at the beach not in the mood to get a leg or arm torn of.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Haha. I used to make my uncle get in the water first off his sailboat, so if there was anything there he'd get nailed first.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
just found bigger!

BIG_%20WHITE%20SHARK.jpg

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
There's a guy in Montauk who went "Monster Fishing" for sharks. He was the basis behind the capt in Jaws. He was on a special before the mythbusters one where he went to South Africa to watch the "Jumping Whites" go after fur seals.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
MustangMike said:
damn... that's huge! I'm backing up 2004SVTLightning, lots of shark attacks on the Gulf Coast, especially over towards Florida (i.e. Destin & Panama City). There was pretty much a 2 day cycle of people getting limbs torn off by bullsharks, etc... I've lived on the gulf my entire life, sharks make me cautious more and more everyday!!!

I saw shark in Destin once i was swimming one after noon in the summer, saw that bitch swim by me and my buddy, we looked at eachother and decided it was time to drink some beer

FSSNK

Established Member
Had a 6-8ft Tiger shark swim under me and a friend while surfing years ago at Sebastian Inlet. Last time I was on a surfboard. I can deal with them while diving just not when on the surface.

tvguy

Ye who swims in a sharks world may get bitten. It's a risk we as humans take invading "their" world. And that's exactly what we do. Stop the drama queen Jaws shit. This is basic animal instincts. No more no less. Take the risk, be prepared.
pacotaco

03_svtzilla

Banned
unreal

I can tell you this wile taking a helicopter tour of destin beach fort walton i promise you this there are so many sharks its scary.People were swiming with sharks just maybe 10 feet from them big sharks 6ft or bigger .I had seen over 8 sharks that day all right off the beach .I can tell you this after that day my azz dosent swim in the ocean .I was down in destin july 4th weekend on the fort walton pier a 12 ft hammerhead was swiming around the pier breakin everyones lline and eatin there fish crazy.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
You're saying that the ocean is thier home, and we are invading it?
pacotaco said:
Ye who swims in a sharks world may get bitten. It's a risk we as humans take invading "their" world. And that's exactly what we do. Stop the drama queen Jaws shit. This is basic animal instincts. No more no less. Take the risk, be prepared.
pacotaco

I need a Stang

Established Member
Shiiiiiiiiiit all this is makin me scared. I'm going to Paradise Island in the Bahamas on Thursday and I have been watching Shark Week, sharks are real cool creatures, we need to save them, I remember watching that special on the ''Monster Fisher'' off of Montauk Island, N.Y., and he caught the biggest great white ever, but the gaming consoule ruled it unfair since he was fishing around a dead whale, but he was using his own bate. This sparked a crapload of companies fishing for sharks, and a rapid decline of sharks came up. If all the sharks die out, then all sea life will die out, think about it, sharks are an essential part in the ocean. We need them. BUT I HAVE A FEAR OF SHARKS, I'M ALWAYS AFRAID OF SEEING A SHARK OR GETTING BIT BY ONE, I'M ALWAYS AFRAID TO GO JET-SKIING CAUSE IM AFRAID I'LL FALL OFF AND GET BIT BY A SHARK. Oh yeah, the hotel I'm staying at has a water slide that you go through and you see sharks, real live sharks :coolman: This will be pretty sweet, I've pet a shark before, and I've seen a shark in a tank, but none like this.

Last edited:

tvguy

sick_o3svt said:
I can tell you this wile taking a helicopter tour of destin beach fort walton i promise you this there are so many sharks its scary.People were swiming with sharks just maybe 10 feet from them big sharks 6ft or bigger .I had seen over 8 sharks that day all right off the beach .I can tell you this after that day my azz dosent swim in the ocean .I was down in destin july 4th weekend on the fort walton pier a 12 ft hammerhead was swiming around the pier breakin everyones lline and eatin there fish crazy.

There are over 250 million people in this nation of ours. Less than a 1/4 it seems have common sense. That girl was swimming WAY further out from shore than she should have been. Again, common sense. Or uneducated possibly. Either way, it's not "tragic" when you enter the ocean and perish via a shark bite. It's nature, "taking it's course". Oddly she wasn't even "food" to the shark. The shark "made a mistake", but can't be blamed because it doesn't have a soul according to some on this board. Like I said, "ye who swims in the sharks world may be bitten".
pacotaco

Users who are viewing this thread