I tried a new product....

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Hey guys, have any of you tried Spongetech auto sponges. I found them on the internet, but haven't seen them in the stores yet. The sponge has a car soap and they claim a wax inside the sponge. I figured I would give it a try, and honestly, its not that bad.... all you do is wet the sponged and squeeze it and the soap comes out of the sponge. They claim you can reuse it up to 8 times, I don't know about this, I have only used it once.

What I liked about it was, since I never had to go to the bucket for more soap, I actually held the hose in one hand and washed the car with the other... So literally, as I was washing, I was rinsing at the same time... and I could just keep squeezing the sponge and more soap suds kept pouring out.. pretty neat... We'll see how many uses I really get out of it...

They advertised on the Howard Stern show so I gave it try to see how it worked...

I am more of a "mit" guy but I figured I would try this sponge to see if it was easier with the soap in it....I will say it was the fastest I have ever washed my car because I didn't have to keep going to the bucket for more soap suds.

Regardless... that's my review... has anyone else tried it?

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
I feel bad for the black paint on your car....it must be swirl city.

Learn the proper wash techniques and use good products. Go visit autopia.org or autogeek.net.

Soap and wax in a sponge..... LOL.

STG

Banned
My number one concern is how fast I can wash my car. Yes, I'll spend 22 hours to clay, correct paint defects and apply sealant and then throw it all away by washing it with a dirty sponge!

Advertised on Howard Stern? He's an expert in care car!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread