~ I WANT 400hp

Bmr4life

Established Member
Tune, CAI, Cat delete and a happy dyno.

Bingo, I think the happy dyno is the most important part.

I have a CAI, Off-road H, and Steeda tune and pulled 393HP which was a corrected number (1.05 was the factor, over 100F).

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I made 378/365 SAE with just GT500 ABs in a 3.55 car.

A Competent Tune, intake, and exhuast (w/ ORX) should put you over 400 rwhp.

Boss intake along with cams should get you will past 425 rwhp. :burnout:

black5.0

Established Member
Dyno numbers don't always tell the truth with different types of dynos. Dynos should be used to see improvements on upgrades/tunes not just reaching a specific number.

That being said, is get a good time and an offroad h or x pipe if I were upu amd you will he very happy. Want more? Buy 47lb injectors and run e85(with a good tune of course) maybe combine with a boss IM but you will lose a little low end power with the IM.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Dyno Tune!

I made 396.4rwhp and 359rwtq with a Dyno tune and Roush AB. 6spd car with 331's. Thats was on a hot and humid 97* day.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Ordered a tuner today....keeping the ROUSH intake.
I will see what it gives me then go from there!

Thanks for the input guys!

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I'd highly recommend a Dyno tune over a handheld, you cant tune for driveability with a handheld...its a generic way to tune and there are variations in these cars. You'd be much happier IMO with a custom tune.

I see your in Goldsboro....I bought an old F250 from there acouple years back. Not sure whats in the area but it's worth the drive if you have to for a custom tune.

Goodluck

Bmr4life

Established Member
I'd highly recommend a Dyno tune over a handheld, you cant tune for driveability with a handheld...its a generic way to tune and there are variations in these cars. You'd be much happier IMO with a custom tune.

I see your in Goldsboro....I bought an old F250 from there acouple years back. Not sure whats in the area but it's worth the drive if you have to for a custom tune.

Goodluck

It's not worth it for the mods he has so far. A good mail order tuner can make adjustments based on datalogs, especially since our cars have factory widebands. I wouldn't pay $400-500 for a dyno tune until FI is involved.

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I am just starting the debate on my perf mods....exterior & Susp are done now.
I want to see what you would recommend for me to get to 400hp & what it would take for me to get to 422hp!
I don't want to give up ANY hp/tq down low just to gain it at peak.

CURRENT: 369hp/350tq
MODS: GT500 AB's, JBA After Cat H-Pipe, No resonators, ROUSH CAI.

1. So what will it take to get to 400rwhp!?

2. So what will it take to get to 425rwhp!?

Simple combo. JLT intake, O/R x pipe, tune. Add a Boss intake and long tubes to get over that 422 bump and rev it to 7500. The car already has a peaky power band so don't worry about midrange, the Boss intake adds power where you need it.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Simple combo. JLT intake, O/R x pipe, tune. Add a Boss intake and long tubes to get over that 422 bump and rev it to 7500. The car already has a peaky power band so don't worry about midrange, the Boss intake adds power where you need it.

A few independent tests have shown LT's don't have much if any gains over an Offroad X/H. Spending the time and money on just the sound (which is awesome).

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
A few independent tests have shown LT's don't have much if any gains over an Offroad X/H. Spending the time and money on just the sound (which is awesome).

That's for peak numbers, it's shown they make up for the small peak gains by increasing power under the curve. Obviously not worth it to me but if the op wants peak power and wants to keep mid range power up LTs are a good choice.

Bmr4life

Established Member
That's for peak numbers, it's shown they make up for the small peak gains by increasing power under the curve. Obviously not worth it to me but if the op wants peak power and wants to keep mid range power up LTs are a good choice.

The OP IS looking for peak numbers so LT's won't do him any better, just cost more. I agree there do make more power down low, but OR pipes don't loose any compared to stock. LT just add more.

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
The OP IS looking for peak numbers so LT's won't do him any better, just cost more. I agree there do make more power down low, but OR pipes don't loose any compared to stock. LT just add more.

Getting a solid 422 should arguably require a Boss manifold, the losses in low end associated with said manifold can be largely negated with long tubes.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Getting a solid 422 should arguably require a Boss manifold, the losses in low end associated with said manifold can be largely negated with long tubes.

I agree, Boss and LT is a good pair. Also, expensive for what you get. That's about $1500 to $2000+ depending on if you go with pypes/bbk or Stainless Works/Kooks/American Racing. Save that and put it towards FI.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
I have boss intake , lethal off road h- pipe, Jlt cai, flow master axle back with e85 and just made 422/369

Bmr4life

Established Member
I have boss intake , lethal off road h- pipe, Jlt cai, flow master axle back with e85 and just made 422/369

I want to try e85, but there are not enough stations for me to DD without worry. How many miles per tank do you get now? Maybe I could get an e85 tune just for drag racing.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
I want to try e85, but there are not enough stations for me to DD without worry. How many miles per tank do you get now? Maybe I could get an e85 tune just for drag racing.

On the highway I get about 20-21 as opposed to 25-26 on 93 , in town im sure its close to the same meaning about 4-5 mpg less, never actually drove all highway or all in town with a tank

Users who are viewing this thread