I want both - Track pack and Technology package in GT350

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
It's an easy job unless you desperately need the steering wheel buttons to work. If you like fords touch system with my link etc, it'd be better to let a dealer handle the integration.
I haven't looked in a while - but aren't there kits that make all that pretty easy??? I suppose I could pop over to Crutchfield and take a peak.... But IIRC they even had kits that allowed the "weirdly wired" MACH system amps to be maintained to a degree.....

I gutted my 01 and put in 25W of Class A. :)

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I haven't looked in a while - but aren't there kits that make all that pretty easy??? I suppose I could pop over to Crutchfield and take a peak.... But IIRC they even had kits that allowed the "weirdly wired" MACH system amps to be maintained to a degree.....

I gutted my 01 and put in 25W of Class A. :)

If they're aren't kits (I'm sure there are) I am 100% sure there are plenty of diy car audio links. Yes every car is a bit different but the basics don't change. Place speakers, route the wiring and power to the amp/head unit, close everything back up nice and tight, program the head unit and fine tune the sound.

It's about as straight forward to install a sound system in a Mazda Miata as it is in a Ferrari or Bently. The higher cars just need more attention and research on how the panels click into place. Some cars do need specialty tools to separate interior panels, but at the price those cars are, it's likely the owner can just pay an installer a few hundred bucks and not feel it in the slightest

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm not too sure about that.

They are only making around 5500 each year. is the be estimate.

And the more configurations the more it costs to produce each one. I think ford has done a couple things to keep the "advertised" low.

1. Created a base trim without MAGRIDE-- even ford admits that very few will be built. But it lets them state "starting below $50k".

2. The bulk of the GT350s will be configured 1 of 2 ways. Tech or track, which will be somewhere between 60-40 split of the 2 packages. It either gets leather and upgraded stereo or oil and trans coolers. Not too many options to bog down the process; streamlining the process to keeping costs down.

The ability to have the best of the Track and Tech pack was a packaging miss by Ford Performance. Go to any site and you'll see a lot of buyer interest. They've noticed the demand and working on an offering for 17. Part of the reason for not offering it initially is the best of both would push the GT350 close to the non Electronics pack GT350R price. There was concern that dealers would package most with "the combo package" and take away from the hard work Ford did to keep the cost down. Sure the dealers are screwing that up with ADMs, but Ford has a plan to keep them in check as well...more to come.

When a GT350 (non R) has the perfomance of a Z51 Vette, but you can get the Vette cheaper because of ADMs on the GT350 that's a problem.

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
^True. I like the car so far, but would not pay more for it than I paid for my Z51. When I had my 13 GT500 I always kinda felt like I paid too much for a Mustang. I never feel that way with my Vette. I'd like to see Ford's ADM plan. Because Fiat said they had a plan to curb ADM for the Hellcats, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
^True. I like the car so far, but would not pay more for it than I paid for my Z51. When I had my 13 GT500 I always kinda felt like I paid too much for a Mustang. I never feel that way with my Vette. I'd like to see Ford's ADM plan. Because Fiat said they had a plan to curb ADM for the Hellcats, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The mustang always built on basic cars chasis was always the underdog being just a car that one tried to modify to go fast starting in the 60's with Shelby then Ford itself. Its really not till the new chasis that performance for the era can be seen. On top of that starting in 03 we saw power and speed way above the mid 30k price tag of the svt mustang.
Basic car mustang needs to be affordable.
Sports car legend corvette will be above the normal vehicles.

This mindset will be, even to the near future, based on the history of the two regardless if performance is the same or even beaten by the mustang.

With the ADM you pay for 2 things. You pay to be new/first and you pay for performance. That along with the scare tactics of dealers we will only get one this year....you see people pay adm. 1LT z51 is priced above the GT350 track pack and the 2LT z51 is priced above the GT350R for the same or more performance. So people pay more than MSRP at least to start.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Good news is, you can get both packages. In order to get both, you will have to order the 920A (GT350 R). The track package content is standard equipment on the 920A. The electronics package is an option. Bad news is, with the ADMs and very limited production, it will be tough to get one.

Lemers

Established Member
Good news is, you can get both packages. In order to get both, you will have to order the 920A (GT350 R). The track package content is standard equipment on the 920A. The electronics package is an option. Bad news is, with the ADMs and very limited production, it will be tough to get one.

3reasons why the R disqualifies most people

1. Like you said limited quantities. Most dealers that sell the Gt350 won't even get one. So people may be "stuck" with the base model.

2. No back seats. I know and you know that the back seats are worthless for seating anyone over 10 years old comfortably. But, they do meat that "4 seat" compromise a lot of fathers have with their wives.

3. Price. The R is more and the ADM will be more longer

Para81

Established Member

1. Like you said limited quantities. Most dealers that sell the Gt350 won't even get one. So people may be "stuck" with the base model.

2. No back seats. I know and you know that the back seats are worthless for seating anyone over 10 years old comfortably. But, they do meat that "4 seat" compromise a lot of fathers have with their wives.

w
None of the above was an issue to me. I would never order an R because it comes standard with 8,000 dollar carbon fiber wheels - dealbreaker. Would never want to drive the car out of the garage. Curbing one would require an insurance claim they're so expensive.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

w
None of the above was an issue to me. I would never order an R because it comes standard with 8,000 dollar carbon fiber wheels - dealbreaker. Would never want to drive the car out of the garage. Curbing one would require an insurance claim they're so expensive.

Then you don't want need track pack. Which is indeed the reason why the advanced suspension comes with the tech pack. For those who want performance but don't want the track expense.
1. Tracking(not cone runs) is expensive. Lighter more expensive components, no warranty and fixing broken items.
2. If you want to track you want light wheels no a/c and no backseat.
3. If you can afford to track your 50k car you can afford the extra 20-30k to buy the R.
4. If you can't afford to track your car, no reason you will not be happy with your performance of the Tech Pack GT350 for street performance!

Para81

Established Member
Then you don't want need track pack. Which is indeed the reason why the advanced suspension comes with the tech pack. For those who want performance but don't want the track expense.
1. Tracking(not cone runs) is expensive. Lighter more expensive components, no warranty and fixing broken items.
2. If you want to track you want light wheels no a/c and no backseat.
3. If you can afford to track your 50k car you can afford the extra 20-30k to buy the R.
4. If you can't afford to track your car, no reason you will not be happy with your performance of the Tech Pack GT350 for street performance!

Negative - I ordered the track package (better cooling and also only way to get the Recaro seats) I plan on going to the track about 2 or 3 times per year. Again I don't want anything to do with $8,000 wheels because replacing them would be stupid money.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Negative - I ordered the track package (better cooling and also only way to get the Recaro seats) I plan on going to the track about 2 or 3 times per year. Again I don't want anything to do with $8,000 wheels because replacing them would be stupid money.

Breaking anything on track is stupid money. I heard Bruce say once it costs him 1k+ per day at the track, if nothing breaks...

Para81

Established Member
Breaking anything on track is stupid money. I heard Bruce say once it costs him 1k+ per day at the track, if nothing breaks...

Yah 1k is pretty close. Figure 300 bucks for the track fees, + 300 in gas + miscellaneous and you're closing in on 1k pretty quick. I'm cutting back. Highways are under-rated.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Back to the subject. I want a car I can drive in comfort (tech package and adj suspension) and still track 2-3 days a year (coolers / brace). The back seat with my kids, 6'2, 6'4 6'6 doesn't do much but it does do in a pinch. I drove a Maserati GTS for a brief period and I'm thinking this is the closest we'll get too that. I also view it as the next logical Ford to own along with my 03 Cobra.

Give me both options pls, and make it in Redfire!

krt22

Established Member
You probably won't need the coolers if you are only doing 2-3 days a year and the brace can easily be added.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How does the tech add comfort?

To me it just seems that luxury(tech) and track benefits are complete opposite. Get the tech and you'll run slower on track, get the track and you will have less luxury. You really can't have both. But ford tried to give you both by putting the expensive suspension in the tech pack. You should be happy!

Para81

Established Member
You probably won't need the coolers if you are only doing 2-3 days a year and the brace can easily be added.

Those seats though....the Tech package requires the standard premium seats from the regular GT. Wouldn't let me order the Recaros...

The way I look at it I can always add a stereo/tech (I'm not an audiophile but if I became one) - felt better to me then spending 6500 on stuff I don't even use in cars...(technology).

krt22

Established Member
Those seats though....the Tech package requires the standard premium seats from the regular GT. Wouldn't let me order the Recaros...

The way I look at it I can always add a stereo/tech (I'm not an audiophile but if I became one) - felt better to me then spending 6500 on stuff I don't even use in cars...(technology).
The techpack car still has magneride...the magneride is the biggest cost of either package.

speedrx

Established Member
I think regardless if people are going to track the car or not, some just want all the options on their car, best tech and performance combined, and don't want to compromise.

Of course, as long as Ford is selling all they want to build, not much incentive to change the program at this point.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'd like to know the true weight difference between a 350R with no options and a fully optioned 350. I bet it's not much. No one seems to be getting "real" weight savings anymore. What GM did with the C6Z versus the Base C6......now that was weight saving. No way I'd ride around without ac or radio.

Users who are viewing this thread