I want one, best thing to do?

Solo500

Established Member
I have wanted a GT500 since I first was sent a concept photo from my grandpa. Well my dad fortunately is fixing to sign a contract with a new job he is getting February or March and is going to buy me this car, as well as my brother a new 350Z. From what I have heard this car will be in production as of June 6th of this year for around $40-50k. Well as far as I know, it won't be too easy to get. So what should I do? Should I go to a dealership? Should I talk to my grandpa who works for SVT? Or what do you think I should in order to guarantee I can get one of these? Thanks for any help beforehand.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
First, feeel sorry for me, as I am buying my own. Then, have your dad adopt me so that I can keep you company with my own car (maybe he'll get me one, too?). Then, hop in a time machine, go back about 8-9 months and get on a list with a dealer who won't pork you. :rollseyes
Sorry, dude. I have to be funny.
2 things:
1) I hope you realize how lucky you are, and how generous your dad is;
2) Please learn how to drive this kind of car so you don't go out & kill yourself or others. I'm sure that is the last thing your dad & grandpa want.

I would first speak with your grandpa since he works @ SVT. He can probably set you up with a dealer in your state who will either get you "in" or can find a Powerlease customer who bought an '04, and is willing to part with his "option" to buy a GT500. Since your grandpa works for SVT, he will know what I am talking about. Good luck and welcome to the snake pit!

PS, don't forget to put in a good word for me with your grandpa! :pop: I need all the help I can get!!!

Solo500

Established Member
I don't know quite what my grandpa does for SVT, but he does a lot of traveling for Ford. I will talk to him later today... I might be able to put in a good word, but what should I say?

crispy23c said:
First, feeel sorry for me, as I am buying my own. Then, have your dad adopt me so that I can keep you company with my own car (maybe he'll get me one, too?). Then, hop in a time machine, go back about 8-9 months and get on a list with a dealer who won't pork you. :rollseyes
Sorry, dude. I have to be funny.
2 things:
1) I hope you realize how lucky you are, and how generous your dad is;
2) Please learn how to drive this kind of car so you don't go out & kill yourself or others. I'm sure that is the last thing your dad & grandpa want.

I would first speak with your grandpa since he works @ SVT. He can probably set you up with a dealer in your state who will either get you "in" or can find a Powerlease customer who bought an '04, and is willing to part with his "option" to buy a GT500. Since your grandpa works for SVT, he will know what I am talking about. Good luck and welcome to the snake pit!

PS, don't forget to put in a good word for me with your grandpa! :pop: I need all the help I can get!!!

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Solo, I was kidding about the good word for me as I am beyond help... :burnout:
Just tell him that you are very interested, and would like to pursue it as your dad said "ok" to get one. See if he knows someone (dealer) who will "set you up". If he does not, bring up the Powerlease options--it could be something he can work with. And if that fails, he might have a few ideas of his own. Good luck. You are a very lucky guy/gal.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
dont worry, if your dad has the money, you will recieve. might have to wait a bit, but it'll happen. what the hell is a batmobile anyway?

Naste50

Established Member
Excuse me if I am wrong but with such a low post count and you say your grandfather works for SVT and your dad is gonna just flat out buy you this car, it sounds like you are just stirring something up. I know if my grandfather worked for SVT that I would be on the horn with him all the time about new and upcoming products from SVT, especially this new Cobra and double-especially (if thats a word) if I knew my dad was buying me one. I would think that your grandfather would have better answers for you than we do. If I am wrong, then forgive me, it just sounds very strange to me.

Solo500

Established Member
Well I know he does art work.

http://www.bobtarpeystudio.com

as well as my dad http://lmgauto.com/art/burks/robert.html

He is also the Regional Director for the Great Plains Region of the SVTOA. As far as what else he does for Ford/SVT is beyond what I know. But he does work for them.

So yeah just to let you know I am not spamming.

(EDIT) My grandpa travels a lot for Ford going to events, and he is a very busy man. I have emailed him dozens of times and as far as talking to him, I haven't talked to him lately but will soon.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Solo500 said:
Well I know he does art work.

http://www.bobtarpeystudio.com

as well as my dad http://lmgauto.com/art/burks/robert.html

He is also the Regional Director for the Great Plains Region of the SVTOA. As far as what else he does for Ford/SVT is beyond what I know. But he does work for them.

So yeah just to let you know I am not spamming.

(EDIT) My grandpa travels a lot for Ford going to events, and he is a very busy man. I have emailed him dozens of times and as far as talking to him, I haven't talked to him lately but will soon.

Bob Tarpey is your Grandpa? I have spoken with your Grandpa. He is a dealer advisor for SVT. He lives in Kansas.
If you can get a GT500, then your Grandpa is the best way to get one at MSRP.

Last edited:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
Naste50 said:
Excuse me if I am wrong but with such a low post count and you say your grandfather works for SVT and your dad is gonna just flat out buy you this car, it sounds like you are just stirring something up. I know if my grandfather worked for SVT that I would be on the horn with him all the time about new and upcoming products from SVT, especially this new Cobra and double-especially (if thats a word) if I knew my dad was buying me one. I would think that your grandfather would have better answers for you than we do. If I am wrong, then forgive me, it just sounds very strange to me.
stop bashing the kid :bash: , hell my dad bought me my first cobra (a 95R) which I still have and will pass on to my son as soon as he turn 16

Solo500

Established Member
Thanks, It's just he is such a hard guy to get a hold of since he travels so much. I am going to the dealer today to see what they say, but hopefully my grandpa can help. I will let you guys know what they say.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Damn, If I knew I was in the run to get a GT500 from my pop's, I'd be walkin around with a woodroe wilson from now till the day I sat in that bad boy!

Good luck!

chuckstang

Established Member
1SLYSNAKE said:
Damn, If I knew I was in the run to get a GT500 from my pop's, I'd be walkin around with a woodroe wilson from now till the day I sat in that bad boy!

Good luck!

Im in a similar postion as him, but just please dont hate :D

Solo500

Established Member
I went to one of the two SVT dealers here in San Antonio. Here's the breakdown. The guy had to talk to the Supervisor. He said that there will be two delivered in San Antonio months after the street release date. One to that dealership and one to the other SVT dealership here. He said 8,000 were going to be made by next year and that they will be taking bids on it when they receive it. You aren't able to put down a deposit to secure it or anything of the sort. He took my name and number to put on the "list" of people wanting it. That is pretty much it, he said it should be impossible to get. He also told me that they didn't receive the GT for months later. There was in fact a 06 GT500 replica with 365?? horsepower and fake decals and whatnot for more than the sticker price of the real GT500. Now about my grandpa, he has to talk to some people but he is going to get some info and call me back when he finds out. That's all I can think of for now.

(EDIT) The guy told me that only that dealership and one other were "SVT certified here in San Antonio. I don't know the crediblity of that though.

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Solo500 said:
I went to one of the two SVT dealers here in San Antonio. Here's the breakdown. The guy had to talk to the Supervisor. He said that there will be two delivered in San Antonio months after the street release date. One to that dealership and one to the other SVT dealership here. He said 8,000 were going to be made by next year and that they will be taking bids on it when they receive it. You aren't able to put down a deposit to secure it or anything of the sort. He took my name and number to put on the "list" of people wanting it. That is pretty much it, he said it should be impossible to get. He also told me that they didn't receive the GT for months later. There was in fact a 06 GT500 replica with 365?? horsepower and fake decals and whatnot for more than the sticker price of the real GT500. Now about my grandpa, he has to talk to some people but he is going to get some info and call me back when he finds out. That's all I can think of for now.

(EDIT) The guy told me that only that dealership and one other were "SVT certified here in San Antonio. I don't know the crediblity of that though.
I don't know the credibility of any of that. SVT dealers are supposed to get at least 3, plus the share of nation (a portion of what is left after all the dealers get their minimums).

You sound young. Don't get taken by some dealer's BS. They are going to tell you the car is super rare to try to get extra money out of you. Esp if they know a parent is going to buy it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread