I want recaros... :-/

13GT500SG

Established Member
My car was allocated to the dealership I purchased it from. Therefor, i couldnt pick my options. Long story short I dont have recaros but want them. Where do I get them. This might spund like a stupid question but does anyone want to trade theirs for mine?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
You never know. So many different opinions out there someone just might want to swap ya. I have heard a few people say they didn't feel they fit well into the Recaros. Best of luck!

rancid

Established Member
You might be better off getting a pair of aftermarket Recaros (some really cool options, I have my eye on the ones with built in AC cooling) if you don't care about not having the Cobra in them.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
While we're on the topic of Recaros.

Anyone have any ideas on the cost to have the colored inserts professionally installed by a shop?

I have a stripe delete car which means the seats are obviously solid black, I'd LOVE to have Grabber inserted into the seats and the headrests.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
eBay seller said:
Airbags in seats restrict shipping.

How the hell can that be? FRPP ships their Recaro seats with the bags intact and in place and I've never heard of an issue with that...

72....a Google of Gary Disney and Mustang should yield you the relevant information on your quest.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Not too clear information I found. Appreciate the help I do. Sad I am...

Too expensive from there for certain.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'v been working on a deal to snag a pair of the FRPP Recaro seats to forward to him for custom leather skins. I've seen far too many shots of custom work where the leather has ripples, wrinkles, or simply doesn't look right. Word on the street is that he is one of the best...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, that shit looked amazing.

There are a handful of places locally, I suppose that come spring I'll run into a couple of them with my car, tell them what I want, see what they say, then look at some of their work.

13GT500SG

Established Member
4000 dollars!! Ahhhh... Ok guys dont rub it in. I get the point you all love your recaros. But, if for some reason anyone wants to trade for perfect condition red striped seats, Please PM me!

Kapy

Established Member
4000 dollars!! Ahhhh... Ok guys dont rub it in. I get the point you all love your recaros. But, if for some reason anyone wants to trade for perfect condition red striped seats, Please PM me!

Did you try going to your local Ford dealer and looking it up to see what they would cost directly from Ford?

I am sure they are in the Parts Catalog.

I wouldn't put aftermarket in this car even though your car did not come with them, I would still consider OEM. But hey that is just me.

Good luck.

RRDave

Established Member
My car was allocated to the dealership I purchased it from. Therefor, i couldnt pick my options. Long story short I dont have recaros but want them. Where do I get them. This might spund like a stupid question but does anyone want to trade theirs for mine?
I like the standard seats a lot better than the Recaros...make sure you try them out first. I find the lower outside seat bolsters to be much too high, forcing my knees together. The standard seats are extremely comfortable for me.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Did you try going to your local Ford dealer and looking it up to see what they would cost directly from Ford?

I am sure they are in the Parts Catalog.

According to a few different dealers I contacted (when I was considering buying a non-Recaro GT500 and adding them after the fact), they are NOT in the parts catalog. I was told there is "no way to buy them directly from Ford." Based on what I've read online in subsequent months, that appears to be a bit of an overstatement, but Ford definitely doesn't make it cheap or easy to add them...

Good luck, OP!

Users who are viewing this thread